@abu baniaz
I have done some more testing with your lamedb file.
I opened your lamedb and then my lamedb in dreamboxEDIT to compare them.
In my lamedb I have one Islam TV with service reference:
1_0_1_CB35_813_2_11A0000_0_0_0_
In your lamedb there are two Islam TVs with service references:
1_0_1_CFA2_83A_2_11A0000_0_0_0
1_0_1_1BC0_835_2_11A0000_0_0_0
You said that your lamedb is older than mine. I'm not certain but I suspect mine is older than yours, so old that I don't even have the current (March 2025) sRef for Islam TV, probably the one I have is from years ago.
You suggested I check Islam TV on my box... I do that using the OpenWebIF API like this:
http://192.168.1.104/api/zap?sRef=1:0:1:CB35:813:2:11A0000:0:0:0:
When I do this I get SNR of 0 back from the "tunersignal" api method.
I get SNR = 0 because nothing is broadcasting on that sRef.
Can you try the same on your box? I was mistaken in my last post, trying that service reference with your lamedb was giving me a service with SNR > 0 but that's not because sRef=1:0:1:CB35:813:2:11A0000:0:0:0: has an SNR > 0 with your lamedb the reason is because the logic of the OpenWebIF "Zap" method just zaps to the first channel in the lamedb if that service reference doesn't exist, in your case a channel called: "(sub b +1000)", because in your lamedb sRef=1:0:1:CB35:813:2:11A0000:0:0:0: does not exist.
So where do I stand??
My rationale for this script is when I am recording a Monday to Friday TV series and I don't bother to check on those timer recordings for weeks on end. I don't want to find out suddenly that the last two weeks of recordings didn't work because the channel switched transponder. This happened to me recently!
Let's say a channel I am recording from every day changes service reference and I have a script that runs every day to check the SNR of that service reference. Surely the service reference my script is checking for will have SNR = 0 for a day or two after the channel I need finally leaves that sRef? Now maybe that's not for sure either, but in my experience with the ITV 2 + 1 changeover that happened last November I think it was... that sRef [ 1:0:1:27B5:805:2:11A0000:0:0:0: ] is still vacant! Likewise that Islam TV sRef in my lamedb is also still vacant after probably months also.
I accept your point that my script won't be guaranteed reliable. The reason is because if I try zaping to sRef=1:0:1:CB35:813:2:11A0000:0:0:0: maybe the channel I want no longer broadcasts on that sRef but there is no guarantee that another channel won't come along and be given that sRef, yes?
But I think my quick and dirty script might be good enough. Why? Because I would run it once a day, test the sRef of the channel I have a daily Timer for and then as soon as I get an SNR = 0 I can get it to send me an email. I doubt the old sRef will get re-used immediately by another channel or test service?
I think this approach would be enough to give me the kick to check if there is anything wrong with that channel and maybe google around to see if there are any plans to change that channels transponder then re-tune it if necessary and adjust my Timer. OK maybe I lost one day recording, but at least not weeks of them!
No doubt a better approach is to somehow find out what IS the latest service reference for the channel in my daily Timer and compare that sRef with the sRef in my Timer... but what you suggested way back in this thread to find the latest sRef seems like a lot more work. Ideally there would be an API to a web service with an up to date list of service references for all channels on Astra 28.2E and you could query by channel name. It would give you back the latest sRef or sRefs for that channel.
Anyway, thank you for your time.
Cheers,
Flex