Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Clone vu+ duo ?

  • Thread starter Thread starter gymrat
  • Start date Start date
G

gymrat

Guest
Hi all
Just bought a vu+duo but been reading about cloned units, and am now wondering if mine is genuine.
It has vix version 3.0 installed hope that's right, I read a that clone wouldn't be able to update to the latest version only a genuine duo would.
But on the other hand inside the box when delivered was the circuit board and cable, don't know what the name of them are.

Is this the latest version of vix out at the moment and if so does that prove mine is genuine?
Thanks.
 
If it came with a circuit board and cable, certainly sounds like a clone.
Was it sold to you as an original? If so, I'd be returning it.
 
Hi sorry for not replying to your PM earlier, but i was driving at the time.

any way by the sounds of it you have a clone ( the cable and printed circuit board ) as these are never shipped with genuine units, only clones.

can you upload a photo of the cable to be sure ?, also did the receiver have a sticker pointing to a web address for so called "safe images".
 
Yes 100% original. I payed £200 without the HDD. I asked the seller about it being a clone and he said the only way to know is to update to latest version of vix..he said try it and find out for yourself. Don't know how to take that!
 
Your seller is either being purposely misleading or he does not know what he's talking about. can you upload a photo of the cable and circuit board please, this will allow us to say with certainty if the unit is a clone or not.
 
No, no sticker except a little one on the back saying v3.2
I'll try and upload a pic of the cable
Thanks
 
No, no sticker except a little one on the back saying v3.2
I'll try and upload a pic of the cable
Thanks

Thats a clone then mate, only clones come with such stickers on them as it designates it's security chip version.
 
Yes 100% original. I payed £200 without the HDD. I asked the seller about it being a clone and he said the only way to know is to update to latest version of vix..he said try it and find out for yourself. Don't know how to take that!
He's ripping you off & ofcourse he knows if it's a clone or not, he bought it originally...
No, no sticker except a little one on the back saying v3.2
I'll try and upload a pic of the cable
Thanks
Definitely a clone, return it.
 
Oh great, trying to upload the cable pic, screen just greying out when I try to upload
 
I'd contact your credit card company then mate because this seller has sold you illegal counterfeit goods.
 
I'm txting the guy now, he's telling me to download an official app called vu player and use my phone as a remote to the box, he said a clone won't let me do that.
Is he fobbing me off?
Is there anything you can suggest I ask him?
 
Yes, he's fobbing you off & spouting utter rubbish.
 
I'm txting the guy now, he's telling me to download an official app called vu player and use my phone as a remote to the box, he said a clone won't let me do that.
Is he fobbing me off?
Is there anything you can suggest I ask him?

Mate dont believe him, the fact that the receiver has a v3.2 sticker on the back and came with a rs232 cable with a printed circuit board means that it is absolutely 100 percent a clone. Genuine receivers simply do not come with these, he's trying to con you. if he's so adamant that it's genuine send him a link to this thread so he can explain him self.
 
I'm txting the guy now, he's telling me to download an official app called vu player and use my phone as a remote to the box, he said a clone won't let me do that.
Is he fobbing me off?
Is there anything you can suggest I ask him?

p.s Vu+ player will work on clones and original receivers just fine, plain and simply he's lying to you.
 
While your at it please post the link to his sales thread on ebay here too.

thanks.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top