Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Clone vu+ duo ?

  • Thread starter Thread starter gymrat
  • Start date Start date
Think it's too late for paypal to freeze money, I bought it from him 3 days ago.
 
Its not too late ... I think you have 14 days before they pay and they can recall money too.
But you must raise the dispute you got nothing to loose
 
Oh I didn't know that, but again what if they ask me for proof that it's a counterfit. I read earlier that someone else on the forum reported a counterfeit box to paypal they asked for proof, he got in touch with vu and they didn't want to get involved, paypal asked him to take it to an expert for proof.
 
The fact that it has a sticker on it and the cable RS232 cable is proof.

What i would do is raise the dispute with paypal, this only starts the process and freezes the funds.
Tell them that it is a counterfeit box due to sticker and cable and experts you spoken too have told you so.
Tell the seller you have reported it to Paypal
Tell seller you want full refund.
Email Vu if you want and tell them you bought a box , but want to know what the RS232 cable is for. I would expect Vu to write back telling you have bought a clone box

Or go down the route that goods are faulty, ie. will not flash official image
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all
just to update you, the seller asked me if I wanted to return the box, so I did so as I thought it would be a lot quicker to get my money back so I could buy another rather than go through PayPal/credit card route.
I have just received a full refund from him.
So going to get the vu duo from WOS now.

Thanks all for your help and patience.
 
If you can find his ebay username it would be appreciated as it may well stop others falling into the same trap. Even a location will be better than nothing. To be honest its always a risk buying stuff that has been known to be cloned off ebay anyway.

Nano
 
I'm still looking mate don't worry. ? Im trying My best to out him as you say to stop others falling for his bull.
 
The seller is open-source-software based in Bradford

sorry did something wrong.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Looking at vu duo on WOS bit unsure about firmware to pre install.. What is the difference between official Vix+ and vix team?
Thanks
 
The official image as supplied by Vu+ is as basic as they come, it's very drab and clunky in my opinion, ViX on the other hand is more customized and tailored towards the users needs, you can ask for any image to be installed and install any other you'r self at a later date.
 
Ok thanks again phoenix. So choose vix team yes?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm bias mate, but yes i would say go for ViX to start with, it is in my opinion the best image for the novice and expert alike, but you will have to be the ultimate judge of that for your self.
 
*This Auctions is for*Brand New VU+ Duo HD Twin Tuner PVR Linux 2x Dvb-s/s2 recieverComes with latest VIX Image, UK channel list and following pluginsTsmediaIPTV Updater1channel1IcefilmsCrossEPGBBC iplayerItv PlayerMedia PlayerOpenwebifRatspicon* ** ** **Auto Bouquets 28.2E*and much moreChannels*list installed aswell!!!*
This was the the write up on on of his duo, s from a couple of weeks ago, perhaps he's had to many returned.
 
The seller is at it again on ebay... Item number

Code:
[URL="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VU-Solo2-Solo-2-Twin-Tuner-DVB-S-S2-HD-Linux-Satellite-Receiver-PVR-Ready-/251470140803?pt=UK_Sound_Vision_Satellite_TV_Receivers&hash=item3a8cc9d583"]251470140803[/URL]
 
well at least this time he has listed it as a clone, not a genuine unit. not that it makes any difference.
 
keep clicking on report post as a counterfeit item and his listing will get pulled
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top