Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ET10x00] Compatible Internet Streams?

George Kildare

Forum Supporter
Donated Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2014
Messages
188
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I am not sure which forum to post this in.

I am trying to find an Enigma-compatible url for the MSNBC stream which I can use to watch MSNBC on my IMac computer.

http://player.theplatform.com/p/7wvmTC/MSNBCEmbeddedOffSite

Using "Ctrl J" when playing this on Chrome I managed to find a stream that played beautifully for about 5 minutes on my Xtrend.

http://snappytvpoc-pmd.nbcuni.com/s...3d98821541f6ab5afaae849098c29859397d07987915d

I am very ignorant of the streaming world and "recoding", but I suspect that I am dealing with a segmented flash stream. I have no idea whether such a stream can play on my Enigma 2 box and whether I need to find the index url and convert it into another format in order to play it. I use IDreamx on my Mac to control the box and enter bouquets.

Any help would be appreciated and sorry again if I am submitting this query to the wrong part of the forum. If so, please let me know where would be most appropriate.

Many thanks.
 
@George Kildare - suggest you read the following on this forum (especially post #11). I messed around with IPTV bouquets a few years ago and it worked well, but required a lot of maintenance of streams.

You will find that there are rtmp, rtsp and various other types of streams which require slightly different syntax when converting from the web address to something that E2 boxes can stream.

There is another forum where one guy in particular creates IPTV bouquets and has posted tutorials on messing with streams. PM me and I'll give you the site info and his user name.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?38395-How-do-I-add-an-IP-channel-to-my-Vu-Solo2-Box
 
With some difficulty I have managed to find the url using the Firebug add-on for Firefox and looking for the "index" url. The stream works excellently in my Favourites bouquet on my Xtrend.
Many thanks anyway.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top