Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Cool epg Guide Sky Skins by fraggle121

  • Thread starter Thread starter fraggle121
  • Start date Start date
F

fraggle121

Guest
hi there I have made a skin similier to sky epg skin for cool epg.

if u have call epg installed already then install this ipk file with the following code.

opkg install -force-overwrite /tmp/coolskin-skyhdmod-fraggle121_05-12-13_mips32el.ipk

now u will have a cool guide looking like this...

1.webp2.webp


please test and enjoy..

I am working on this skin now

grab.webp


if u have any nice cool guide skins don't be shy post them here.....
 

Attachments

  • grab.webp
    grab.webp
    50 KB · Views: 391
Last edited:
if I get enough intrest ill release the newer blue skin........

also a small note I have only sky uk installed on my box so I made the skin around that.
if u have hotbird or any other sats the cool guide will show the sky logos and say sky tv guide.....
it will still work but u will have sky logos.........
 
Last edited:
heres how far ive got so far with my blue sky tv guide.
needs a little more work and I need to adjust colours a bit to make it look a bit better changed the buttons to sky buttons,,,

hope u like it..
grab.webp


will be ready in a few days if any one likes it...
 
Last edited:
Hi fraggle121,

Your skin look's Spot On, would like
to try.

I tried to install (Cool TV Guide) into
the new OpenVix Image from
TSPanel 7.3 with no luck.
Receive ( not sighed ).

Can you give me a link to
the Cool tv Guide that works
for you.

Thanks BF.
 
I don't think cool tv guide works on a vix..
I have a dreambox
people have told me that the epg guide on a vix is far better than cool epg..
as I don't have a vix I cant say for sure..sorry it dosent work on your box....

heres the site to download cool tv guide there are two versions..

http://www.cooltvguide.com/

as I say I have been told it dosent work on a vix
 
Last edited:
Hi fraggle121,

Sorry about that, thought cool.epg was short for (Cool tv Guide).
Just uploaded the OpenVix image yesterday (7/12/2013).
Had the Blackhole in my VU+ Uno, not very stable, Glitches and
a little freezing.
The Vix has been totally stable, forget its a scrambled channel.

So I just FTP your ( coolskin skyhdmd) to tmp, then
telnet your overwrite.

Thanks BF.
 
yes but only install my ipk file if u already have cool tv guide working on your box.
also the ipk I posted was for the first skin which has some black in it.
I haven't released this blue one yet.
some people say they prefere the black look and some don't.
my goal is to make my guide and box skin like sky....
reason is because I done this to my box...

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?33597-my-sky-box-hard-mod-!!&highlight=sky+hard+mod

if u want to skin your entire box download abel431 skin he has done a wicked job looks awesome...
look here
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?33182-SKY-HD-Skin-cool-tv-guide-skin/page13

let me know how u get on and if u like it.
if u don't just uninstall cool tv guide and re install a normal cool tv guide...
 
Last edited:
Hi fraggle121,

Doe's that mean I have to go back to B/Hole image on my Uno,
(that runs Cool tv guide) then upload your patch.

Best of luck, looks Mint.

BF.
 
yes if u get probs installing cool tv guide on a vix ....
or u could try open pli image if u can get that for your box..
 
CoolTV is not fully compatible with the ViX skin engine so use it at your own discretion.
 
cool tv guide screen now finished sorted colours now looks better..
just need to start on easy guide and single channel.
grab.webp
 
looks nice mate, have you got an updated ipk file with the finished work
 
no I have to sort the easy guide and single guide out .then when I have got to get all the files together I will need to get someone to make the ipk for me because I had hassle in trying to make the ipk before..

when its finished I will get the ipk made or ill post the files here and people can ftp them to the box replacing the old ones pretty easy..
 
Last edited:
if u want to give it a try I can post the files now but easy guide and channel guide and single guide needs finishing..
however I only use the tv guide.
if u do test it don't press the yellow button ie guide switch when cool tv guide is on.

then if u don't like it or you wanted to go back old cool guide just uninstall my cool guide and install the proper version...

let me know if u want to try it and ill post the files that need to be replaced...

the tv guide works fine......


otherwise I will hopfully have a finished version in a few days or may be a week if I get the time.as I say at the moment cool tv guide is fine and I only use that...
 
Last edited:
Awesome! Its starting to look really good! I think you should maybe change the channel selected colour though..
 
Last edited:
hello abell431 nice to hear from u.

I don't have a working sky box here so im not certain what the colours should be.
what colour do u think the selected colour should be and ill change it asap.
I thought the sky box uses yellow but im not certain...
 
its done...I rushed the other screens but still looks very nice.i spent most of my time on the tv guide screen as that's the only screen that I use....
well just waiting for abell431 to choose selected colour then ill post files and hopefully someone will make the ipk to make it easier for u guys if u wanted to try it....heres some screen shots...If no one makes the ipk u can always just ftp your box and replace file manauly easy enough..

tv guide.webpeasy guide.webpsingle guide.webpchannel guide.webp

I have got the guide switch going but I never use that any way so its disabled..
also why hasent anyone else made any skins for cool guide.i suppose its a lot of effort for a small thing..any way hope u like it..

im starting to think I have way to much time on my hands.....I need to get a life

I will not be making any more changes to any screen exept the tv guide screen as that's the only one I use..
 
Last edited:
sorry I ment
I havent got the guide switch going but I never use that any way so its disabled..

not

I have got the guide switch going but I never use that any way so its disabled..

also I have disabled the cool menu so the guide cannot be alterd as this is the best way I think it looks..no picons in channel list.
if u don't like it when I have posted the files just uninstall cool tv guide and re install the normall cool tv guide from here.
Code:
http://www.cooltvguide.com/

or make your own skin

and remember I have only sky uk on my box so I made the skin around that.if u have any other sats installed the cool tv guide will still be the same with the sky logos when u use it....
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I think you should try a yellow colour. Here is a hex code that I got from a screenshot of sky -fecb31
I use this colour myself a while back on the epg but it didn't lok write because of the white text and As far as I know, on coolepg there is no way to change he 'selected channel' text colour :(
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top