Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ViX_Misc] Copy everything to new box

  • Thread starter Thread starter varianjv
  • Start date Start date
V

varianjv

Guest
Hi guys
I bought my first Linux receiver a few weeks ago, and after a steep learning curve I must admit I really like this thing.
So much so that I would like to get another box.
The same make and model.

Is it possible to copy everything from my existing box where I have everything set up as I like, to this new box, plugins, config etc
Basically almost like cloning it

Any help would be appreciated!
 
Make a full image back up and flash it on new receiver.

Blue > Vix > Image Manager

(I have re-prefixed your thread to Vix Misc.)
 
Make a full image back up and flash it on new receiver.

Blue > Vix > Image Manager

(I have re-prefixed your thread to Vix Misc.)

Thank you
Sounds easy enough
Would this work if I bought a VU+ zero instead
 
My answer was based on same model as per your question.

If a different receiver, no. A settings backup should be fine.
 
Yes it is. Blue > Vix > Backup Manager. Transfer the created backup file to /media/hdd/backup/ (hdd may not be the mount). If this is present after flashing afresh, you should be offered option to restore.

Might be worth you reading the Vix manual
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top