Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ET8x00] Crash when entering Trashcan in recordings

I run with this mod and at the latest levels, frequently changing (couch flash) the image.
Because of numerous sporting events over the last month, I have actually been recording a lot and cleaning up afterwards without noticing any issues at all.
However, I do not timeshift at all.
I would reflash the current latest image, restore a settings backup without the mod, checkout recordings and timeshift and then reapply the mod.
In the next ViX release there are a really large number of changes so its better to try it now ... Will look at any logs including the other thread. :)
 
banging my head now!!!!!!!

Have done a fresh usb install of latest vix from downloads, installed this mod and crash when entering "trash"
initialised hdd, installed this mod, crash when entering "trash"
remove this mod and everything works fine.

I have an Edison os mini running vix with this mod with no problems, if I take a backup from the Edison, can I transfer it to the xtrend et8000 to give me a exact copy of the setup to test if that works, im rapidly running out of ideas???
 
EDIT: just looked at the crashlog in the first post, and it's release 4.1.009
Good spot.
Although it also says it was compiled on 27 June, which is when 4.1.015 was released.

None of which makes much sense....
 
There have been changes to UsageConfig.py, more to follow. So wait until 017 is released or a patch is released.

I have been testing the EPG modification, works fine for me apart from the bouquet names at the top being compressed (I add the provider name). Hopefully "the powers that be" agree and merge the pull request and those who want the mods can activate them. Those who don',t won't be forced to use to them as they are opt in, not opt out.


History of commits to UsageConfig.py
https://github.com/OpenViX/enigma2/...4091bb8e/lib/python/Components/UsageConfig.py
 
so, can we confirm that the epg mod is at fault and a fix is on the way?

I have reverted back to ver 10, and set the box back up as I had it, if I use the mod, it crashes.
 
Last edited:
I have had the same issue when going to trashcan and timeshift settings the only stable images this seems to work on is vix4.1.0010 and vix4.1.1001
 
I have this mod embedded in the ViX enigma2 code and also have all the latest ViX changes upto last night and I can zip,in and out of the trash can, delete files etc without issue.
The changes in UsageConfig.py are minimal (mainly additions).
As commented elsewhere the only significant difference is that I never use timeshift, although what that has to do with the trashcan I have no idea:)
 
Last edited:
I have had the same issue when going to trashcan and timeshift settings the only stable images this seems to work on is vix4.1.0010 and vix4.1.1001

Sorry guys, but I am not convinced the mod is the total issue ..... somehow timeshift seems to come into it.
Abu, I am running currently running with all 017' s changes, and I have no issues with the mod, which is part of my ViX enigma2 code ..... but I don,t use timeshift.
Apart from a couple of line changes to incorporate the mod, most changes are additions.

I guess the other difference of course, is that the mod is part of the code and not an ipk install, but that shouldn,t make a difference ..... strange, for me this has been a totally transparent addition to the code :)
 
Last edited:
I don't use timeshift but as soon as you go into timeshift settings OR TRASHCAN the box vix error reboots.

I don't think it's the plugin either because it worked fine on vix3.2037 vix4.1.001 then buggy till vix4.1.010 then buggy again after that
 
Last edited:
Yes.
UsageConfig.py initializes the trashsort_deltime setting and without that you'll get a crash trying to access it.

That is correct, but this is set very early on (its your or Robs code?) before the additions which also set up values for the configs.
So I am guessing that somewhere in this code (Added trash can sort options (by deleting time). ) there is a conflict with the Mod ??
It was introduced in ver 13
 
Last edited:
I have just been messinga round with the EPG and the Trash can settings etc, blowed if I can get it to fail :)
 
.... see other thread
HTML:
 http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?52402-Crash-when-entering-Trashcan-in-recordings&p=408912#post408912
there was a change from Ver #13 with trashcan.
 
so, going forward should I try,
A disable timeshift.
B go back to 3.# to see if it works again?

I have tried with ver .10 and .16 anf both fail for me, I have gone through and initialised the hdd, effectively wiping it and stafting again, and it always fails when running on ver 4.#
where can I get a flash for xtrend et8000 version 3.# ?
 
so, going forward should I try,
A disable timeshift.
B go back to 3.# to see if it works again?

I have tried with ver .10 and .16 anf both fail for me, I have gone through and initialised the hdd, effectively wiping it and stafting again, and it always fails when running on ver 4.#
where can I get a flash for xtrend et8000 version 3.# ?

Would be interesting to know what you are doing (remote key wise) when it fails.... also what skin are you using out of interest?
The logs in one of the posts I have seen indicate something to do with the trashcan, but that change was in 13.
Also try running without timeshift for a while - although other(s) seem to have the failure without using timeshift.
I have been running since May 13 with this mod in the code, changing images all along and never seen a failure, but it probably comes down to how we run our systems and use them.
Not sure what to say, as it doesn,t fail (so far) for me.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top