Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Ultimo4K] Crash when setting recording

Raetsel

New member
Joined
Aug 27, 2019
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Points
0
My box crashed yesterday. I was in the EPG and selected a programme to record using the green key, I got the pop up window with the details of the recording on and I wanted to change from a single record to a series record so scrolled down to that option and pressed OK nothing seemed to happen so I thought perhaps I have to use the right arrow to get some more options so it did this and the box crashed. Not tried to reproduce this but have included the crash log.View attachment Enigma2_crash_2021-01-11_18-36-37.log
If someone could have a look at the log and determine the problem I would be grateful.
Regards
 
That bug was fixed at the end of November last year.

Code:
https://github.com/OpenViX/enigma2/commit/95c1904796f274da54102f5bb229f0dfae99f453#diff-023bc4e4b5c3d3b1299824cde269f16b1fdf1834f006776bd9b76678f23114c5

I suggest you do an on-line update.
 
That bug was fixed at the end of November last year.

Code:
https://github.com/OpenViX/enigma2/commit/95c1904796f274da54102f5bb229f0dfae99f453#diff-023bc4e4b5c3d3b1299824cde269f16b1fdf1834f006776bd9b76678f23114c5

I suggest you do an on-line update.

5.4 004 Release has not completed yet.
 
I reckon we'll have to wait for 5.4.005, lockdown withstanding.:)

Don't think so. The epg cache changes have been reverted in master branch. I think a rebuild has been started without the build scripts that we normally use.
 
5.4 004 Release has not completed yet.
Perhaps not, but the crash was reportedly on 5.4.003.004 - a Dev version.
Although it also mentions "Type = release".

I do seem to recall that there was an issue with version reporting in crashes.
I may even have worked out what that problem was....
 
My box crashed yesterday. I was in the EPG and selected a programme to record using the green key, I got the pop up window with the details of the recording on and I wanted to change from a single record to a series record so scrolled down to that option and pressed OK nothing seemed to happen so I thought perhaps I have to use the right arrow to get some more options so it did this and the box crashed. Not tried to reproduce this but have included the crash log.View attachment 61236
If someone could have a look at the log and determine the problem I would be grateful.
Regards

My Ultimo 4K was similar I did a fresh install last week and touch wood I have done several recordings and it has been good
 
My Ultimo 4K was similar I did a fresh install last week and touch wood I have done several recordings and it has been good

It's using the ok button that causes the crash, green button is fine, which is probably what you were using. A fresh install wouldn't have helped.
 
Thanks for all your inputs, I will await the next software release.
 
Have now updated the software and the problem has now been solved. Thank you for you help.
Regards
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top