Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Ultimo4K] Crash when trying to move a recording

jukkal2

Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2016
Messages
99
Reaction score
0
Points
6
Age
62
Location
Helsinki
I accidentally deleted a recording from a subdirectory with the red button and it went to the .Trash directory
So I changed to the .Trash directory and tried to move it back where it was. Pushed the green button to move, didn't see the target directory in the list, so I selected 'Other'.
The right directory was still not shown in the list, so I pushed menu to get to directory browsing mode, but when I pushed '1' to get to the directory list, the box showed the black screen with error messages and rebooted enigma. This happened two more times before I gave up. I'll attach the crash logs.
 

Attachments

The current dev build is 5.4.7.012 - try that as there have been several changes to the menu handling
 
The current dev build is 5.4.7.012 - try that as there have been several changes to the menu handling

The box didn't immediately find anything to update (which was expected as it is a dev build), I tried enabling unstable builds in the menu after it said it didn't find updates, but still no update visible.. I guess I'll just avoid trying to move recordings to any directory not shown in the list until the next release.
(It was a Simpsons episode recorded by autotimer, and I had created the directory in a telnet session and copied autotimer.xml from my previous enigma box, I guess not creating the directory through the vix interface is probably why the directory wasn't shown in the list. I watched the episode from the .Trash directory before it got deleted from there.)
 
The current dev build is 5.4.7.012 - try that as there have been several changes to the menu handling

My mistake - I misinterpreted the crash log and assumed a developer build. @jukkal2 there is a new release build due shortly which should resolve the issue.
 
My mistake - I misinterpreted the crash log and assumed a developer build. @jukkal2 there is a new release build due shortly which should resolve the issue.

Thanks, I just noticed the new build and updated before coming here. Verified that it resolved the issue, no more crash when I went through the same steps to add the directory to the list.
(A funny coincidence seeing your avatar after this happened while fiddling with a Simpsons episode :-)
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top