Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Ultimo] Crash when viewing a recording

jukkal2

Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2016
Messages
99
Reaction score
0
Points
6
Age
62
Location
Helsinki
I was watching a recording (possibly just checking the recording list but not sure of that), when the box crashed and booted. I think the error message said something about OSCam.
Luckily there was no recording going on. When the box had finished booting, it was showing an encrypted channel.

Happened on an Ultimo with OpenVix 5.0.020.
I have tried newer builds 021, 023 and 025, but returned back to 020 when they didn't work very well as I reported in another thread ( http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?57373-Only-one-tuner-used ).
 

Attachments

Quick look at that reveals the mystery:
Code:
<601267.742> -------FATAL SIGNAL (11)

I've had this odd once or twice on my solo2 and some odd others have had this as well. I think it's unknown why/what causes this.

It's very rare i've found and not had this for a quite a while now.
 
Quick look at that reveals the mystery:
Code:
<601267.742> -------FATAL SIGNAL (11)

I've had this odd once or twice on my solo2 and some odd others have had this as well. I think it's unknown why/what causes this.

It's very rare i've found and not had this for a quite a while now.

Interesting.
BTW, I don't have many plugins installed. Oscam, weather, hbbtv, nfs and samba (whatever gets installed when you enable those services). I don't recall anything else in addition to what is already in the image itself.
I don't use Autobouquetsmaker (I don't know wheter it would even work with Finnish cable tv operators).

My cable tv provider changed on the 28th of July, and after that some channels didn't show EPG information until after a few days.
A week ago I tried online updating to build 025, but after a while when I turned the box on from sleep, it showed the same error message I mentioned getting with 023 after clean flashing in my latest message in the other thread mentioned above, I flashed back to 020, and again some channels didn't show EPG data until earlier today.. and then the box crashed and after rebooting those same channels had blank EPG AGAIN!
 
Oh, and later today the box got stuck rotating the VIX logo when I tried to change channel. Had to reboot again. Got the boot finished just in time when the Game of Thrones episode was beginninig on CMore Series.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top