Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[GiGaBlue QUAD] Crash while zapping and browsing menu

MrKappa

Forum Supporter
Donated Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2011
Messages
126
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Italy
In my current configuration I have the problem as stated in the title.
I have tried on different configurations on build .22 and then last .28, I have tried stopping timeshift to avoid recording on HDD (in case of HDD problems) and disabling any emulator.
I have also changed skin but always I got the same result and the receiver reboot suddenly. To generate the issue I starts a recording in 1 or 2 simultaneous channels but it happen also after a while even simply zapping without recording. I have gathered attached logs. Please, do you have any suggestion or understanding on the cause?
Thank you in advance
 

Attachments

They are debug logs. Do you have crash logs as you say it crashes.

Please clarify what you're doing that causes crash?

Also, list setup like plugins that aren't installed by default with an image and whether these plugins you got from plugin feeds and/or manually installed?

When you upgraded to .28 was that with a restore of plugins, settings or freshly imaged with no restore of plugins/settings?
 
They are debug logs. Do you have crash logs as you say it crashes.

Please clarify what you're doing that causes crash?

Also, list setup like plugins that aren't installed by default with an image and whether these plugins you got from plugin feeds and/or manually installed?

When you upgraded to .28 was that with a restore of plugins, settings or freshly imaged with no restore of plugins/settings?

Hello', thanks for your help.
I got the crash in different conditions, while zapping, recording, even I got a crash while attempting to flash from .22 to .28 using the VIX menu, flash image options.
Just few minutes ago I tried again with .28, recording on 2 channels, then zapping to another channel and the box has crashed.

Basically I have downloaded .28, flashed via VIX options, restored plugin and settings (i specified on top of this thread). I have the same plugin list since long time.
When I start to get the crashes I have also tried to restore .22 image and I got the same problem also on older image.
I have no crash log on tmp or media/hdd/logs or var/logs unfortunately. I have enabled debug log. Please, how can i enable crash logs?
 
Last edited:
Crash logs are automatically created (in the same folder as debug logs) when the box crashes - your logs do not show a crash - do you see the Vix spinner, or does the box reboot?
 
Crash logs are automatically created (in the same folder as debug logs) when the box crashes - your logs do not show a crash - do you see the Vix spinner, or does the box reboot?

No, the box just reboot, no VIX spinner. I may try to restart from scratch as next step if nothing is recorded on logs.
 
Last updated for this reboot of my box. I have first reflashed the bootloader, because I was using a bootloader from another forum which I tested previously and it seems that it was the cause of the reboots. Now I flashed also the new OpenVIX .29 and so far I had no reboots. Thanks anyway for the support.
 
I have to update you about this issue on my Quad HD. The box continue to reboot itself and this events seems to be related to hardware problem. I have flashed other images and confirmed bootloader, flashed image from scratch without restoring settings but I'm starting to be convinced that is due to high temperature this events occurs more frequently.
As this is a forum for OpenVIX image I may close the thread, otherwise I may keep it open just for common benefit, perhaps other users had the same experience.
 
This is the one I have flashed last time. 1104 (the release date) appear for a moment on the display.
Anyone has experience with sudden reboot caused by high temperature or some failing component as i.e. the CPU cooling past or similar?
I live in Sicily and currently the box itself inside might reach high temperature, even if it should be designed for it.
I may try to use for a while without cover, to chill a little bit and monitor the situation. Of course its out of warranty I would prefer to repair by myself possibly.
 
Last edited:

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top