Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ViX_Misc] Creating Hardlink to timeshift failed

Chunky

New member
Joined
Feb 2, 2014
Messages
23
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Just installed a hard drive in vu+solo2 previously to that i was using nas.
Thought i would try out permanent timeshift now every time i change channel i get error message 'Creating Hardlink to timeshift failed etc....'

But if i rewind it does actually work any idea how to get rid of nag screen?:confused:
Using latest Apollo version with blue hd skin

All help much appreciated:thumbsup:
 
Re-initilaise the drive. You will lose any recordings/data on it.

Your title thread has lots of room for improvement, I'll change it later. Please also read contents below.

Thread will be moved to the ViX-Team-Images-Support-Discussion section. It is best to use the image support section for image issues as problems/solutions are usually the same irrespectve of receiver. It also helps others searching for the same issue although they may have another receiver.

Please read the thread in link below which explains things better.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...-New-method-of-posting-in-ViX-Support-Section!

Please bear in mind for future support questions.
 
Cheers will give it a go. I did try it earlier but don't remember getting initialising finished message before i started messing about with it.

I appreciate the criticism of my title but it was what i was thinking at the time mmmmmm problem:)
I promise to do better next time;)
 
Thanks for changing title got to admit it does sound better:thumbsup:
 
Just makes it easier for somone with the same issue searching for solution. No harm done.
 
Tried re - initialising drive but still no luck with permanent time shift. Anyone got any ideas?

What about factory reset then re flash with vix again or something less severe if possible
 
There may be a mount point issue. Unmount everything theough mount manager, reboot receiover via menus. Let it mount things automatically.

Afetr it reboots, telnet teh following command and post results.
Code:
df -h
 
Thanks for the advice. I'm a complete novice so first I'll have to do some research on how to telnet but I'll be back shortly with results all being well
 
Hi Chunky - telnet is a basic way of talking from a PC to your box. Open a DOS prompt (command prompt from START menu) on your PC. Then type "telnet mybox" or whatever you have called it or it's IP address. Login as root - if defaulted you won't have a password (should set one via "passwd root") and then do the commands recommended. In this case a "df -h" although I've never ever had cause to type that -h - just checked all it changes is the units re disk space free from "df -k"
It will also list mounts from other devices
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top