Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[GiGaBlue QUAD] desn't start after upgrade to 5.0.11

  • Thread starter Thread starter yggdrasill
  • Start date Start date
Y

yggdrasill

Guest
Hi,
I was running Openvix 4.2.030 and it was working fine. Automatic update informed me to do upgrade manually due the new kernel.
I dowloaded latest image 5.0.011 and I flashed.
Decoder started to show the progress bar from 0% to 99% and this is in loop. I waited for 1 hour and the decoder was still in loop.

I had NO prompt to do setting restore, just the progress bar from 0% to 100% in loop.

I downloaded again the image and I did the same again. Same results.
I downloaded the previous one (4.2.030) and the same again.
I downloaded the latest OpenMips and it works perfectly
I re flashed again the OpenVix 5.0.011 and again in loop.

It seems I can't install anymore the OpenVix. But I want to use OpenVix (by the way I have the backup file for the OpenVix)

What can I do now?
 
had a similar thing with my mutant hd51, turns out the usb was bad , try formatting to fat 32 with the HP format tool
if this fails try a different usb

mines also looked like it was flashing , box would read the usb see the file & look to have performed the flash but would never finish installing it
tried another usb, formatted as above and worked 1st time ;)

regards
 
Hello,
thank you for the aswer.
Unfortunately I tried many USB Keys and different usb ports on the decoder.
BTW I tried to format in FAT and FAT32 in case it was a problem and I was using "small" usb keys as suggested from many forums.


What was mot clear is why other images were installing and running without any problem. I suppose there is some garbage left from the previous OPENVIX image that create a mismatch when installing.
I don't have time to do a deep scan to fix this problem so I moved to OPEN ATV that is the closest image to OPENVIX in terms of functionality and operability.
At least this works :p

Thank you
 
@yggdrasill,.....your problem reminds of a few years ago when I had the same problem. I almost nearly loaded BlackHole instead.:mad:
But I realised I had left a USB memory stick in the rear of my Solo2. Took it out and Vix loaded and booted properly.
 
@yggdrasill,.....your problem reminds of a few years ago when I had the same problem. I almost nearly loaded BlackHole instead.:mad:
But I realised I had left a USB memory stick in the rear of my Solo2. Took it out and Vix loaded and booted properly.

:confused:
thank you for your reply
I unplugged everything from the decoder. USB, HDD, or Esata.
I used different usb pens and many images
OPENMIPS -> Worked
OPENHDF -> Worked
OPENATV -> Worked

I tried differente orders and OpenVix in different versions... All 5.x.xx and all 4.x.xx going back and forth
No way.
I'm sorry but I have not enough time to go deeper in the problem. OpenAtv works fine and for the moment I have no freshness to retry again :p
Thank you all
 
I have a gigblue quad running latest 4.0.Is it ok to go to 5.0 or are their still boot loop isues
 
I updated a GBQuad last Wednesday without any issues, build 5.0.012 I think.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top