Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ViX_Misc] Dinobot 4K+ - Any chance of Openvix Support?

https://github.com/norhap/vix-u5pvr
test my github enigma2 please (branch hisilicon).I do not reproduce this ... I have the same chip that uses @twol U5mini.

the only thing is that I would have to put SKIN default mine. (attach source.bb).

https://github.com/norhap/Turquoise-HD

I have a different manufacturer (ferguson4k) but this box is identical to dinobot 4k SE.

machine = ferguson4k = u5pvr.conf
 

Attachments

Last edited:
i will test mini to day ..... may be different from 4kplus
But all these boxes have different builds and drivers
 
Use the standard default ViX Night HD Skin.
u5pvr2.webp

I have put vix-night-hd (skin_default) in my hisilicon branch, https://github.com/norhap/vix-u5pvr/commit/936a9c945244b3612eeaf4286351c98a73988ffd

I have built ... I still do not reproduce this problem.

I am going to leave this change all day today so that if you want to try you do not have to change too many things in your environment.

with this we could approach to know if they are the drivers.

Compare git:

https://github.com/OpenViX/enigma2/compare/Dev...norhap:hisilicon
 
Last edited:
Issue is still present.

Dinobot has issues displaying certain PNG's, therefore has issues with certain skins. Hisilicon CPU's do not support alpha blending.

For now it remains on hold.

Oh well, looks like keeping my fingers and toes crossed didn't work.:violin:
 
We need to be careful.... we are talking about 3 different boxes dinobot 4Kmini, 4Kplus and the u5pvr .... they are different and I only looked at the OpenViX code needed for the 1st 2 .... You probably can build OpenViX for the u5pvr but whether it has all the code needed to support it - I don‘t know as I didn‘t have the box to test..... just because it is in teh OE-A does not mean that all the required code is in the image.
 
We need to be careful.... we are talking about 3 different boxes dinobot 4Kmini, 4Kplus and the u5pvr .... they are different and I only looked at the OpenViX code needed for the 1st 2 .... You probably can build OpenViX for the u5pvr but whether it has all the code needed to support it - I don‘t know as I didn‘t have the box to test..... just because it is in teh OE-A does not mean that all the required code is in the image.

that's right ... they are different boxes, what if I say ... is that tired of the instability of another image (I will not say name) I put openvix ... and this image without a doubt is by far the best image for my E2 for the u5pvr ..... I took the liberty to create a bit of OpenViX based code to have an operational dual boot since the stability was only achieved with Android ... now I can use the two very worthy systems and stable.

u5pvr has an important bug but from what we see in OE-A the driver is already up for a year without updating ... timeshift in certain channels, no work .. in others if ... except this, box is worthy of have it with E2-ViX.
 
@willo3092 you are an absolute superstar. I couldn't follow anything you did, it all sounded like gobbledygook to me. May as well be rocket science.

Is your image for the 4k+? If so, how would I go about installing your feeds after flashing the image?
 
Build my own Vix image

@willo3092 you are an absolute superstar. I couldn't follow anything you did, it all sounded like gobbledygook to me. May as well be rocket science.

Is your image for the 4k+? If so, how would I go about installing your feeds after flashing the image?

Yeah @Willo3092’s ViX image is for the Dinobot 4K+


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
@willo3092 you are an absolute superstar. I couldn't follow anything you did, it all sounded like gobbledygook to me. May as well be rocket science.

Is your image for the 4k+? If so, how would I go about installing your feeds after flashing the image?

Don't worry, it's all gobbledygook to me as well! I was just following the instructions from all the clever guys on the forum :thumbsup:

Just extract the opkg.zip that I posted earlier and overwrite the files in /etc/opkg/ folder.
I will look at putting the feeds on my NAS so they will be easier to update.
 
Don't worry, it's all gobbledygook to me as well! I was just following the instructions from all the clever guys on the forum :thumbsup:

Just extract the opkg.zip that I posted earlier and overwrite the files in /etc/opkg/ folder.
I will look at putting the feeds on my NAS so they will be easier to update.

I will do that tomorrow, family will revolt if I do it tonight. Do you also have the skin transparency issue with your ViX homebrew?
 
I didn't have an awful lot of time before I went to work but I can only assume that it's the emergency default skin that has problems.
Simple Ten Eighty was fine and I tested a couple of KiddaC's skins because I know they used to struggle on the ATV image but they were okay on ViX.

I will be able to have a proper faff with things when I'm on rest days Mon - Weds.
 
I'll definitely be jumping on your build to test. Should we hold our breath for a chance of official ViX love for this box?
 
I didn't have an awful lot of time before I went to work but I can only assume that it's the emergency default skin that has problems.
Simple Ten Eighty was fine and I tested a couple of KiddaC's skins because I know they used to struggle on the ATV image but they were okay on ViX.

I will be able to have a proper faff with things when I'm on rest days Mon - Weds.

Installed it and started testing. Had to restart the box as ABM couldn't scan tuner B, could it have been due to adding the files in OPKG folder?

Noticed a couple of things:

1 When powering off the display still shows the time even with it set to off in settings
2. LED does not turn on in standby

The above work fine on OpenATV

Other than that all seems to be working fine.

Thanks for sharing.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top