Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ViX_Misc] DNS servers Hard Coded?

maxben

Forum Supporter
Donated Member
Joined
Nov 10, 2014
Messages
352
Reaction score
0
Points
16
Trying to establish why

No matter what is set manually DNS servers are always

8.8.8.8
208.67.220.220

I know these are generic and safe but I prefer my router to determin DNS servers.

Are these hard coded and if so how to change?
 
settings receive ip address or DHCP. Or if you wish your own DNS servers program IP yoursef (fixed ip)
 
I would have expected, by default, the DNS servers to be obtained via router so long as you flashed with image from this site and it's not a "back-up" image done by someone else as not sure if that would contain any DNS they may have set manually.

This telnet/putty command: nslookup google.co.uk

returns gateway of my router. However, within my router, I have it setup to use:
(primary) cloud-flare DNS (via DoT)
(secondary) google DNS
 
The thing is those DNSservers are not set anywhere in my router.
 

Attachments

  • ip.webp
    ip.webp
    27.6 KB · Views: 14
  • router.webp
    router.webp
    30.7 KB · Views: 18
edit DNS settings (blue button) and set your own. I set as first my router and second the 1st DNS provider
 
Done that and after reboot just returns those DNS addresses
 
did you save with green button ?
 
Sorry guys found the problem with part of a script I use to keep iptv channels upto date

Code:
#!/bin/sh
echo "nameserver 8.8.8.8" > /etc/resolv.conf
echo "nameserver 208.67.220.220" >> /etc/resolv.conf
echo "options single-request" >> /etc/resolv.conf
 
At least you found out where it was coming from.

Personally, I use ABM with a mixture of free-to-air channels and switch out certain other channels with an IPTV stream. Best of both worlds, so use free-to-air satellite channels where available and IPTV stream (where available) for other channels.
 
DNS is taken from the router by default unless you override it
 
At least you found out where it was coming from.

Personally, I use ABM with a mixture of free-to-air channels and switch out certain other channels with an IPTV stream. Best of both worlds, so use free-to-air satellite channels where available and IPTV stream (where available) for other channels.

How do you override the channels with ABM?

I am using E2M3uBouquetMaker which allows me to override the M3U files with FTA using the Service Ref.
I wonder if ABM might be easier maintenance.
 
How do you override the channels with ABM?

I am using E2M3uBouquetMaker which allows me to override the M3U files with FTA using the Service Ref.
I wonder if ABM might be easier maintenance.
Might be best to start a thread in the ABM section to not take this thread completely off-topic (although I'm aware, I did kind of start this haha).

It's a CustomMix file I created. Post in correct section, and i'll reply back with an example of mine.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top