Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo2] Duo2 slow enigmaboot

tappari

Forum Supporter
Donated Member
Joined
Sep 10, 2012
Messages
600
Reaction score
2
Points
0
I have boxes Solo SE V2, Ultimo 4K, Uno 4K SE and Duo2. All other boxes are ok, but Duo2 after image update is very slow when doing enigmaboot.
Fresh flash without settings restore helps. This same happened when updating 002 -> 003 and now with update 003 -> 004.
I`m not the only Duo2 owner in Finland having this same problem
Tuners in box are 2 x TT3L10 dualtuners as T2 mode.
 
If there is no problem when you don't restore a backup then it must be something in the backup.
 
I have not selected any files for backup, just trusted ViX does it right before update when it creates backup. So, what should i do next time when update is available?
 

Attachments

  • backupfiles.webp
    backupfiles.webp
    12.7 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
So by “Image update“ do you mean software update or?
Is fresh flash by usb or ImageManager?
 
So by “Image update“ do you mean software update or?
Is fresh flash by usb or ImageManager?
How do you define how ViX does backup before update?
Flash I do as couchflash through imagemanager.
 
ViX makes a setting/plugin backup every time it does a software update. But that is not used. It is just so it can be loaded into a new image if necessary.

You need to flash and set up the image manually from scratch. No point restoring something that is making the image run badly.
 
ViX makes a setting/plugin backup every time it does a software update. But that is not used. It is just so it can be loaded into a new image if necessary.

You need to flash and set up the image manually from scratch. No point restoring something that is making the image run badly.
So, why does Duo2 image behave like this after softwareupdate? Enigma2boot turns very slow. My other boxes Ultimo 4K , Uno 4K SE and Solo SE V2 are ok after softwareupdate.
 
Last edited:
Maybe because this is now denoted as a “small flash“ receiver in the OE-A and as such in a new build image is missing certain features such as most languages - if you restore an oldish backup then you are possibly loading up the flash.
Have a look at available memory/flash on a new image flash and after backup restore.
 
Maybe because this is now denoted as a “small flash“ receiver in the OE-A and as such in a new build image is missing certain features such as most languages - if you restore an oldish backup then you are possibly loading up the flash.
Have a look at available memory/flash on a new image flash and after backup restore.
I see all languages in language selection. Now ViX 5.3 005. Memory:
 

Attachments

  • memory.webp
    memory.webp
    11.8 KB · Views: 10
With 5.3 005 enigmaboot takes about 1 minute. Maybe I have to live with it, or replace this oldtimer with Duo 4K. :)
 
Hi,
1 minute is not slow for a Duo2. With a very neat, clean image you can perhaps get 45-50 seconds but with a normal image with some plugins it will be 80-90 seconds.

Ralf
 
Hi,
1 minute is not slow for a Duo2. With a very neat, clean image you can perhaps get 45-50 seconds but with a normal image with some plugins it will be 80-90 seconds.

Ralf

I agree. But for some reason earlier it used to take at least 3 minutes.
 
By the way, where are those language files so that I can delete the ones I don`t need. ATV image used to ask when flashing if you want to delete other languages. Not anymore, but in plugin removes it is still possible to go to Language section and delete those.
How do I do it in ViX using FTP?
 
Menu, setup, user interface, language blue to delete
 
Otherwise this selection is good, but I think it should keep the language from where it`s made. Lost also my Finnish language and left just English.
Of course easy to add Finnish language, but nevertheless. :)
 
Last edited:
Otherwise this selection is good, but I think it should keep the language from where it`s made. Lost also my Finnish language and left just English.
Of course easy to add Finnish language, but nevertheless. :)

You have to very carefully read the text, in so far that you must select a language from the list and either the selected language is deleted OR everything but English and the selected language deleted.
- Maybe I will change the Language code to delete everything except the installed chosen language and English - will need to think about it.
 
You have to very carefully read the text, in so far that you must select a language from the list and either the selected language is deleted OR everything but English and the selected language deleted.
- Maybe I will change the Language code to delete everything except the installed chosen language and English - will need to think about it.

That would be prefered.
 
Last edited:

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top