Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[TM-TWIN 4K] DVB subtitle component crashes the box - how to remove it?

zbluebirdz

New member
Joined
Jul 31, 2016
Messages
23
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I'm having quite a bit of trouble with the subtitles component on my box. The crash screen dumps indicate that the DVB subtitles component is crashing the box quite frequently. When I use the non-DVB subtitles, the box doesn't crash. Crashes can happen anytime from within a few seconds to an hour of switching to a channel and the DVB subbies is automatically selected - unless I remember to toggle the subbies to the teletext version.

I need the subtitles on. I think I've toggled the relevant settings to not use the DVB subtitles, but the box is still switching over to the DVB subtitles, when I've indicated it is not the preferred option. I've even tried the option to remember by channel - but it doesn't remember which preferred subtitles option I've chosen.

Is there a way to remove/disable the DVB subtitle component and just have the teletext subtitle component? (I actually prefer the teletext version).

NB: Crash files are available - I can upload them if needed.
 
I think I may have managed to reduce the incidents of box crashing - changed the refresh rate to multi.

Menu > Setup > Audio & video > Settings > Refresh rate = multi (was either 50Hz or 60Hz).
 
What does it look like when the box crashes?

Mine seems to carry on playing a feed, but doesn't respond to remote imput, nor does the front button work, until I've power cycled the unit.
 
If the subtitles crashes the box, there's lines of code indicating a fault with something.
 
Resolved the issue by installing a fresh copy of OpenVIX and having no previous configurations restored/imported.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top