Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

DVB-T drivers for other sticks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Houdini

V.I.P
Joined
Dec 19, 2010
Messages
158
Reaction score
2
Points
0
Hello ViX gurus,

pardon my forward approach, but I would like to port some more DVB-T drivers for the ViX team. I have done one for the AzureWave DVB stick; maplin special (when I used DE image.. but that team had Primadonna attitudes which I didnt like) and I have ported the AverMedia Volar drivers to a 2.6.18 linux distribution and would like to get it going on the Vix Image. Before I get started I would like to make the drivers in-line with the sundeck drivers (I dont want to re-invent the wheel)

is there anything special that is needed? .. Like the DE image where they made a new dvb-core/dvb-usb driver and such?

H

Avermedia Volar
Wintv NOVA-t
AzureWave (realtek chipset)
 
Houdini,

That's great news, Andy was looking for some help with the development of DVB-T.
AFAIK, the Sundtek panel was developed by Sundtek. So I'm not sure you would be able to use it for other drivers. Irishchris would know more.

The SifTeam have been developing USB DVB-T on the vuplus, which could be used in ViX as they are open source.

I have the WinTV Nova-T, and they were talking of implementing it on the next version ViX 1.4.

Hopefully you will be able to help.
 
Hello ViX gurus,

pardon my forward approach, but I would like to port some more DVB-T drivers for the ViX team. I have done one for the AzureWave DVB stick; maplin special (when I used DE image.. but that team had Primadonna attitudes which I didnt like) and I have ported the AverMedia Volar drivers to a 2.6.18 linux distribution and would like to get it going on the Vix Image. Before I get started I would like to make the drivers in-line with the sundeck drivers (I dont want to re-invent the wheel)

is there anything special that is needed? .. Like the DE image where they made a new dvb-core/dvb-usb driver and such?

H

Avermedia Volar
Wintv NOVA-t
AzureWave (realtek chipset)

pm andyblac or Sicilian with your intensions mate we need a dvb-t developer
 
the problem with other usb tuners other than sundtek is the necessity to use I2c and endless I2c module errors when trying to port the likes of avermedia and hauppage to the vu+. sundtek does not require access to this module and hence no errors. the sundtek panel uses drivers direct from sundtek as it logs into sundtek.com while running the installer and downloads the most up to date drivers for their device. but by all means contact andy and i am certain he will appreciate any help in developing this area further as he is the only image coder and is already working tirelessly on all the other areas of the vix image.
 
the problem with other usb tuners other than sundtek is the necessity to use I2c and endless I2c module errors when trying to port the likes of avermedia and hauppage to the vu+. sundtek does not require access to this module and hence no errors. the sundtek panel uses drivers direct from sundtek as it logs into sundtek.com while running the installer and downloads the most up to date drivers for their device. but by all means contact andy and i am certain he will appreciate any help in developing this area further as he is the only image coder and is already working tirelessly on all the other areas of the vix image.

I agree its nice and tidy... but this is a technical challenge that I am willing to step up to the plate and solve. The drivers worked on the DE image, they work on OpenPli and other images without too many problems.
Perhaps the kernel config needs i2c enabled in the .config or something small like that, but simple answers arent always the way forward.

H
 
Used the makefile from the VuPlus homepage and it builds stblinux-2.6.18-6.6.tar.bz2

Where the F... is the recipe and makefiles that build stblinux-2.6.18-7.3.tar.bz2 since that is the version on the STB.

From VuPlus Openembedded Makefile ->> '2.6.18-6.6 SMP mod_unload MIPS32_R1 32BIT gcc-4.1'
On the STB ->> '2.6.18-7.3 SMP mod_unload MIPS32_R1 32BIT gcc-4.4'

Any assistance from a ViX person on perhaps a new kernel/Makefile that needs to be used?

Thanks
H
 
Its a start...

Using code from the openPLI :-P ... then it dies. grabbing the original from Avermedia and changing

H

AVerMedia A867 driver module V1.0.27 loaded.
usbcore: registered new driver dvb_usb_A867
usb 2-1: new high speed USB device using brcm-ehci-1 and address 2
usb 2-1: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
dvb-usb: found a 'AVerMedia A867 DVB-T Recevier' in warm state.
dvb-usb: will pass the complete MPEG2 transport stream to the software demuxer.
CPU 0 Unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual address 00000000, epc == c0161854, ra == c0161840
Oops[#1]:
Cpu 0
$ 0 : 00000000 10008700 00000000 00000001
 
yaaaay... it loads... now to try get it working -

AVerMedia A867 driver module V1.0.27 loaded.
GPIO Mapping : A867
===af903x usb device pluged in!! ===
- Enter Device_init Function -
USB mode= 0x200
- Enter DRV_SetBusTuner Function -busId = 0x2, tunerId =0xff
- Enter DRV_SetBusTuner Function -busId = 0x2, tunerId =0xff
- Enter DRV_GetEEPROMConfig Function -EEPROM_IRMODE = 0x05, bIrTblDownload ON
- Enter DRV_GetEEPROMConfig2 Function -EEPROM_TUNERID0 = 0xA0
- Enter DRV_SetBusTuner Function -busId = 0x2, tunerId =0xa0
- Enter DRV_TunerWakeup Function -
- Enter DRV_Initialize Function -
Fw version is the same!
MxL5007 Open Device initialize Ok!!
FwVer OFDM = 0x41506FB, FwVer LINK = 0xA0A0300
- Enter DRV_IrTblDownload Function -
LoadIrTable : Can't open file
LoadIrTable fail!
enter DRV_ApCtrl: ucSlaveDemod = 0, bOn = OFF
- Enter DRV_TunerPowerCtrl Function , bPowerOn=0 -
Detected tuner ID: 0xa0
Device_init success!!
- Enter af903x_identify_state Function -
dvb-usb: found a 'AVerMedia A867 DVB-T Recevier' in warm state.
- Enter af903x_powerctrl Function - ON
Enter DL_ApCtrl: bOn = ON, use_cnt=0
DL_ApCtrl: call DRV_ApCtrl(ON)
enter DRV_ApCtrl: ucSlaveDemod = 0, bOn = ON
- Enter DRV_TunerPowerCtrl Function , bPowerOn=1 -
Detected tuner ID: 0xa0
A337 resetpdc->bTunerPowerOff == true
MxL5007 OpenExit DL_ApCtrl: bOn = ON, dwError = 0
- Exit af903x_powerctrl Function - ON, ret=0
dvb-usb: will pass the complete MPEG2 transport stream to the software demuxer.
DVB: registering new adapter (AVerMedia A867 DVB-T Recevier)
- Enter af903x_frontend_attach Function -
- Enter af903x_attach Function -
DVB: registering adapter 1 frontend 0 (A867 USB DVB-T)...
- Enter af903x_tuner_attach Function -
- Enter af903x_powerctrl Function - OFF
Enter DL_ApCtrl: bOn = OFF, use_cnt=1
DL_ApCtrl: call DRV_ApCtrl(OFF)
enter DRV_ApCtrl: ucSlaveDemod = 0, bOn = OFF
- Enter DRV_TunerPowerCtrl Function , bPowerOn=0 -
Detected tuner ID: 0xa0
Exit DL_ApCtrl: bOn = OFF, dwError = 0
- Exit af903x_powerctrl Function - OFF, ret=0
dvb-usb: AVerMedia A867 DVB-T Recevier successfully initialized and connected.
dvb_usb_device_init success!!
usbcore: registered new driver dvb_usb_A867
root@bm750:/tmp#
 
Last edited:
The sundek driver is hijacking the FrontEnd! When I open /dev/dvb/adapter1/frontend0, the sundeck driver start doing something! ... Is this compiled in to the kernel? Where is that driver?!

I have done a fresh install if Vix 1.3 image and I still get Sundeck messages.. How was this device crowbared in ?



dvb-usb: AVerMedia A867 DVB-T Recevier successfully initialized and connected.
dvb_usb_device_init success!!
usbcore: registered new driver dvb_usb_A867
CPU 1 Unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual address 00000020, epc == c0adc654, ra == c016aba4
Oops[#1]:
DVB: registering adapter 0 frontend 0 (Sundtek DVB-T)...
Cpu 1
 
Last edited:
UPDATE:

On my Vu+Duo.. dont know the stability yet of the DVB-T driver (the remoteTuner is a hack app) but it tunes and runs.

./remoteTuner
-=-=-=-= INFO =-=-=-=-
Name: A867 USB DVB-T
FE Descriptor: 3
Min Freq: 48000000
Max Freq: 860000000
Type: DVB-T
Opened 32 Demuxers on device /dev/dvb/adapter1/demux0
Opened DVR device /dev/dvb/adapter1/dvr0 on handle 36
Opened Virtual tuner /dev/misc/vtuner0
Virtual FrontEnd Registered
FE_SET_FRONTEND: 626166670
Adding pid 0000 on fd 4 [rc is 0]
Adding pid 012d on fd 5 [rc is 0]
Adding pid 012e on fd 6 [rc is 0]
Sender Thread created OK
===> Writing 146 Kilobytes/second
===> Writing 225 Kilobytes/second
===> Writing 217 Kilobytes/second
===> Writing 267 Kilobytes/second
===> Writing 236 Kilobytes/second
===> Writing 278 Kilobytes/second
===> Writing 133 Kilobytes/second
 
Houdini, That's great work. Thanks a lot.
Have you tried it with the WinTV Nova-T or is it just with the Avermedia?
 
Avermedia A867 Working

Still some gremlins with the stick... it doesnt report the SNR/BER or if it has a lock.. I forced the LOCK to all frequencies and that seems to have done the trick. (although I want to know why it doest report the correct data.

It Works! :-)

H

Adding pid 0012 on fd 4 [rc is 0]
FE_READ_STATUS: 0000
===> Writing 433 Kilobytes/second
===> Writing 429 Kilobytes/second
FE_READ_STATUS: 0000
===> Writing 417 Kilobytes/second
FE_READ_STATUS: 0000
FE_READ_STATUS: 0000
===> Writing 426 Kilobytes/second
FE_READ_STATUS: 0000


screenshot.webp
 
Houdini, That's great work. Thanks a lot.
Have you tried it with the WinTV Nova-T or is it just with the Avermedia?

This is the Avermedia driver only... After I finish with this stick, the WinTV-Nova T (dibxxxx driver afaik) is on my TODO list

H
 
Thanks for all the great work Houdini looking forward to the WinTV Nova-T working with vix

good luck bassethound
 
yes good luck with it mate. well done on what you have achieved already
 
Avermedia A867 Drivers for ViX

Attached is the binary for the AverMedia Volar HD Stick (A867)

insmod the dvb-usb.ko
insmod a867.ko

./usbtuner

and then restart Enigma2 (Restart ONLY the GUI) for the Virtual Tuner to be registered with Enigma. A script can be created to auto-start the DVB-T on bootup :-P

the USBTUNER application is the same as before (although I hate it, my version is not ready for distribution [remoteTuner])

[DOWNLOAD]View attachment AverMedia_A867.tar.gz

N.B. DO NOT have the Sundeck packages or drivers installed!!!! They cause a conflict with DVB resources.
 
Last edited:
This is the Avermedia driver only... After I finish with this stick, the WinTV-Nova T (dibxxxx driver afaik) is on my TODO list

H

These WinTV Nova drivers are so full of crap... going to take me a while to figure out where some memory pointers are getting lost/mangled

H
 
Nice work ,i have the nova-t myself so hopefully you will get it working for that as well.
 
BlackHole, Tododream and SifTeam have drivers for the WinTV Nova-T.

Is there one driver that all the images use?
Or does it need to be completely rewritten for the ViX image?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top