Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo2] DVB-T/T2/C USB Black Screen

  • Thread starter Thread starter schoolboyerror
  • Start date Start date
S

schoolboyerror

Guest
Hi,

I have a full TV package with Virgin Media that serves my lounge. After a discussion with VM about something unrelated they said that if I use an old VM box on an extension then I can get most Freeview channels through it. I've been tinkering with a Vu+ box for a while now and i already had a Sky DVB USB stick laying around so I decided to make use of these instead buying yet more hardware. The Vu+ box was supplied by the sponsors but the usb stick was not, I think my dad gave it to me to see what I could do with it.
Anyhoo, I have plugged it into the Vu+ box and loaded the driver successfully and it's loading as Tuner E. A-D are Sat/Astra Tuners. I have set the USB tuner to DVB-C, set my Area Code to 15, same as my TiVo box and replicated the Freq. & QAM settings. I ran a scan and got the channels in the list that I'd expect, then ran the ABM which also did it's job perfectly. The problem is that when I tune into any of the channels they're black screens with a 'Tune Fail!' box in the centre.
I have discovered that the Signal is at 0% while the 'Signal' box has a green tick.
The TiVo box has 75% signal and all services are fine.
The Vu+ unit has been plugged into the same feed as the TiVo box and it's still @ 0%
The TiVo box has been plugged into the extension and runs fine with 72%.

So having tested the cables, which are new btw, and tested the signal can anyone give me any pointers?
 
You only get a handful of free channels on Cable. You would be better off connecting to an aerial.

when you say signal is at 0, are those all the frequencies or just one frequncy?
 
I replicated two frequencies and 2 QAM's from the TiVo box Tuners and both show not a flicker of signal.
 
If you select BBC one in your ABM cable bouquets, does that also show no signal?

Are you allowed to say which tuner you are using?
 
No, All terrestrial and FTA say the same thing. It's an unmarked tuner with 'Sky DVB' on the front.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Ok I should have just said FTA. I just meant BBC, ITV etc.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I just stopped my cam and checked and the only free channels I get are bbc1, bbc2, itv, ch4 and c5 but only the sd versions. Even the supposed virgin freeview channel that advertises their wares doesn't clear.
 
Ah, I did a channel swap in ABM so it's possible that it is receiving them in SD but I haven't checked.
I may give it up as a bad lot. I only wanted it working because I have the kit sitting idle.
I'll check it out later, thank you


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Last edited by a moderator:
No nothing more than what Ive written unfortunately.
I now have BBC 1&2 and bazzarly
ITV PPV HD but nowt else.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top