Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[OS-mini] Edison OS mini stuck at 49 on boot after OpenVix update

  • Thread starter Thread starter Moyt
  • Start date Start date
M

Moyt

Guest
Hello,

Edison OS mini is stuck at 49% on boot after an UPDATE. All I see is this little boot icon circling on the top left corner whilst loading.
Not had this box for long bought from here, pre-flashed with OpenVix.

Sorry but I cannot provide the build version or number as I cannot get past the boot screen.

Any suggestions/guides/links would be greatly appreciated. New to this so please go easy on me. Rather be safe than sorry before I try anything myself. :)
Thanks!
 
Thank for the reply.

Doesn't seem to be working for me.

I have tried the suggested following as well:
If the receiver bypasses the flash files on the USB stick and boots
check that the file structure is correct on the USB stick or try formatting the USB stick using the above mention HP
Format tool or try and alternative USB stick.

Tried corsair 16gb flash drive, sandisk 8gb SD card - same result. Used suggested methods via teracopy, hpusbdisk etc. Flashes nothing and boots back into old image going stuck back at 49% again.

Just to make sure exactly when to hold down the 'OK' botton. It prompts to do this AFTER 10 seconds while a loading bar starts to fill up below. Is this timing very important? I've tried holding right away and after 10 secs also - no difference. Also the options allow to change the language, and exit via the press of the coloured buttons but does no work also. The remote works fine; remote flashes at buttons presses and a light appears on the box to confirm button presses on the remote.
So not really sure why the prompt screen options prior to flashing do not work.

Was trying the latest image from the link provided. 'openvix-4.2.006.release-osmini'. You think I should try an older image and see if that works instead?

Thanks.
 
The 49% issue is usually encountered when checking attached storage device/s. Does it boot completely if you do not have any USB devices connected?
 
Sounds like you are not pressing OK in time. Press 'STB' button on the remote to make sure its set to set top box mode.
RIGHT ON THE MONEY! :D
It looks like when in 'boot' mode within that flash menu you have to press the 'STB' button, otherwise you can't use any of the flash menu options. It only goes into 'STB' mode when it comes out of 'boot' mode.
Maybe that guide should have a slight update, otherwise people will be hammering that OK button into oblivion ;)
Not sure if all boxes are like this (not being in 'STB' mode when in 'boot'), but I can certainly confirm it for this Edison OS mini.

Thank you very much for saving me insane hours of grief. :)

The 49% issue is usually encountered when checking attached storage device/s. Does it boot completely if you do not have any USB devices connected?
In case you wanted to know attached devices weren't the culprit - same state with or without devices.


Righty I'm off to start over again with this box.

Cheers!
 
Sounds like number 49 is an unlucky number in more than 1 way :D

Just wanted to throw in another problem. A minor one this time so I didn't make a thread about it. When I want to remove plugins it doesn't seem to do so for 1 particular plugin 'SNES MANAGER' (awful emulator BTW!). And if I try to run the emulator after trying to remove the plugin it'll crash the box (Edision OS mini) giving me a crash report and restart.
Any quick fix of getting rid of this plugin? Please don't say re-flash. :p

Crash report attached.

Thanks.
 

Attachments

...image backup before installing. :p
 
NoOOooOoOOOoOooOoOOooooOOo! But just seeing that SNES emulator stuck there in the plugins list is like having bird poo that won't rub off. Ahhh well, no doubt there will come a time again where I will have to re-flash this box. :D
I'll leave it at that then. :)
 
Hi
I have a similar problem was watching sat box yesterday all ok turned it off last night so just had time on dim tried to turn it on this morning & it would'nt so turned it off on the box left it for a minute turned it back on & know all it says on box is 'boot' all i see on screen is openvix logo....
Help please.....
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top