Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ET9x00] EM28xx Tuner - no longer working (Vix 2.3) (ET9X00)

Ex-TM6900

New member
Joined
Jan 9, 2011
Messages
64
Reaction score
1
Points
0
I was previously running the older version of VIX and had my Hauppage hvr900 tuner working perfectly...

I flashed the latest version of VIX (2.3) on Boxing day.

I downloaded from the drivers section, the em28xx drivers.
- When installing, the very last line said "fatal em2xxx not found" or something like.

I removed my tuner, tried again but same issue.

I tried a reboot - no joy!

Can someone tell me what i a m doing wrong please:mad:
 
Happy New Year M8

I was using the device successfully on BH and Vix1.2...

The modules I think are:-
modprobe em28xx
modprobe em2880-dvb

I think it uses the same driver as EM28xx??:confused:
 
you will always see that fatal error code in install

a cold reboot will bring up the device in tuner config
 
Happy New Year Silverfox:)

Upon reboot, the tuner is correctly idenified in the tuner listings..

When i select the Europe config for dvb-t and scan - i get ZERO channels m8 ??

( terrestrial signal very strong in Wendover too..lol) (neighbour)
 
Last edited:
when scanning if you go to manual scan and set the paramiters making sure network scan is set to NO

then you should get some channels
 
I have the correct parameters set up.
The tuner is showing as "Enabled"

Its description is correct in the tuner listings..

I have the correct Europe DVB-T config files selected and "Network" is off.

It starts scanning at 7mhz, before ending at 8mhz...no channels found??

Am I missing something guys??
 
doah!!!

I uploaded the file to the right folder.

This time before i scan, i get the option for UK..

No channels found again... *-(

Is the Em2xx driver the correct version that is on the feeds?

I have just checked the tuner on my vu duo running BH1.66, it works no problem...

Any more avenues please
 
Supported or not in latest image?

Andy,


Does the latest image contain the Firmware for DVB-T devices based on EM28xx (such as my Hauppage HVR-900)

Thanks m8:confused:
 
the feeds on the vix repo em28xx is based and worked around the PCTV 290e and PCTV 460e

we dont have a HVR-900 stick to test

its possible a few small modules more are needed

can you look up on linuxTV website to see what modules are needed to get the HVR-900 working and we will try add them in
 
try to add this firmware file into '/lib/firmware'

unzip and ftp to your box.

and make you download the driver from feeds as it installs more necessary files, do not try to install manually or it will not work.
 

Attachments

Thanks Andy!

I did a fresh install with build 153;
did a software update to ensure image fully up to date (Vix-Software Update)
I copied the firmware, as above into correct /lib/firmware directory
(Vix-Packet Manager-'enigma2-plugin-drivers-dvb-usb-em28xx)
--it pulled a number of related files down, prompted for a reboot...

After reboot... 3 tuner is correctly identified and is shown as "enabled"

I then choose the Europe DVB-T scan script and go on to scan the whole terrestrial frequency - No Channels Found!

Now, have I done everything correctly up to now....?:)
 
There is a setting for network - try changing that. Also is your terrestrial.xml upto date
 
you need to set network scan to no in manual scan

also why not try my dtt bouquets and see if the channels clear

if they clear you know stick is working
 
There is a setting for network - try changing that. Also is your terrestrial.xml upto date

Network set to OFF

and i ftp Silverfox's terrestrial file from above to etc/tuxbux

Then when i went to choose script for scan it just has the number 2 in there...?

When i select it and scan..... no services found!!! doah!

I even pulled down Silverfox's terrestrial channel lists to see if tuner would find them - it just reports "tune failed"

--------->>
Here's what my screen shows:-

Tuner Tuner C:WINTV HVR-900(DVB-T)
Type of scan Complete
Network Scan NO
Clear before Scan NO
Only free scan NO
 
Last edited:
the xml is correct it will show as 2 that is fine

what i would suggest is transfer all the settings over using dbedit

as you wont need to scan to test the dvb-t channel
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top