Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Engima 2 - Samsung SMART TV Streaming app

Out of interest - have you tried non HD channels?

pembo - unfortunately I have tried SD stream - BBC SD is my standard test, and I have tried many channels! I did find it interesting that the .TS stream did not work, neither did an x264 .mkv file that I tried to play!

I was successful with tests on a few different audio tracks (mp3 + ac3) in avi containers that all worked - let me spin up a copy of virtualdub and see what the video properties of the avi files are and I will post back.
 
E2Stream v5.5 has been released and can be downloaded from the normal location
Code:
http://www.pembo.co.uk/e2stream/e2stream-download/

change log
Code:
* Updated return button to also cancel infobar when active
* Added last channel/bouquet cache to store last active  
  channel/bouquet to enable further functionality
* Added '### Last Active Bouquet' as an option to the startup
  bouquet choice so that the app can startup in the bouquet
  you last browsed from the previous run of E2Stream.
 
pembo - unfortunately I have tried SD stream - BBC SD is my standard test, and I have tried many channels! I did find it interesting that the .TS stream did not work, neither did an x264 .mkv file that I tried to play!

I was successful with tests on a few different audio tracks (mp3 + ac3) in avi containers that all worked - let me spin up a copy of virtualdub and see what the video properties of the avi files are and I will post back.

I'm not surprised the MKV container file didn't play - I had limited success with these through DLNA on early TVs, however the TS really should play as it's not any different than a standard DVB signal unless something weird is going on with the stream from the e2 box.
 
2b772ad56f26bc278c19821d5abda8cb.jpg
tried this on BBC 1, cheers
 
Looks like you've got the 'legacy player' option set. Change to default player, try again and post the debug please.

It also shows "Playing: null" which doesn't look good and might mean it's having trouble parsing the response from openwebif.
Can you put this in a browser:

Code:
http://<ip addres>/web/getallservices

Save the results and then pm me or email me them.

Thanks
 
Last edited:
E2Stream v5.6 is now available to download from the usual location
Code:
http://www.pembo.co.uk/e2stream/e2stream-download/

Change log
Code:
* Resolved issue with return button and infobar cancel
* Resolved issue with now/next detail showing when constant
   buffering occurs
* Moved the 'buffering' text just slightly to make it more
   visible
* Removed redundant code for infobar in preparation for
   coming changes
* Extended debug view to fill the pane with lines
* Reduced font-size in NOW/NEXT detail and stopped text from
   overflowing the container
 
There's something not right with the URL to the stream still - it's mixing in the channel name and id together and doesn't look right.
I didn't get your PM, so I dropped you my email address via pm
 
E2Stream v6.0 has been released.
This is a major release and adds now/next channel browsing and selection during streaming.

v6.0 can be downloaded from here:
Code:
http://www.pembo.co.uk/e2stream/e2stream-download/

Change log
Code:
[B]v6.0 - 07/02/2015 [/B]
* Up/Down arrows buttons whilst whilst watching a channel 
  now allow you to browse now/next for the channels in the 
  currently active bouquet 
* Whilst browsing now/next 'enter' will select and tune the 
  current channel. 
* Fixed info-bar display on pause 
* Up/Down arrow buttons also display the info bar now

[B]v5.7 – 30/01/2015[/B]
* Fixed issue with empty recordings list causing errors
* URL Encoded service id for those people who have unusual
  service id values
 
Anybody with a Samsung Smart TV should definitely try this app of pembo. It really does give you very stable multi-room without the need for a receiver or external open webif cabable device attached to a second Samsung TV. Thanks!!:cool:
 
I'm not surprised the MKV container file didn't play - I had limited success with these through DLNA on early TVs, however the TS really should play as it's not any different than a standard DVB signal unless something weird is going on with the stream from the e2 box.

@pembo - regarding the D series, I decided to try and do a little more validation on the transport stream (.ts), which I believe is the open-webif feed. I took one of my ViX recordings, and loaded into my Plex library! BTW the E2 box is a genuine Solo 2 from the sponsor with ViX up-to-date image.

Guess what - I get an Network Error! on the D series using the Plex Smart TV app when I "direct play"! Noteworthy is of course Plex Smart App is happy to play the .ts recording on the F and H series Samsung TV's. Interestingly, Plex does indeed "direct play" .mkv files on the D series.

So, this is beginning to look a little more like a problem with .ts files I think? Just a little more info on the whole thing, but for now I ain't holding my breath. Thanks for the great app.
 
Last edited:
E2Stream v6.1 has been released and can be downloaded from here:
Code:
http://www.pembo.co.uk/e2stream/e2stream-download/

Change log:
Code:
v6.1 - 15/02/2015
* Resolved channel up/down button issue when streaming a
  channel
 
E2Stream v6.3 has now been released and can be downloaded from here:

Code:
http://www.pembo.co.uk/e2stream/e2stream-download/

Change log:
Code:
v6.3 - 22/03/2015
 * Added option in installer to download the app as a zip for installation from other software

v6.2 - 22/03/2015
 * Moved source to github and updated build processes to use github
 * Corrected positional issue of title text on the now/next detail infobar

Source location for those interested can be foud here:
Code:
https://github.com/dpembo/e2stream
https://github.com/dpembo/e2stream-installer

If anybody does want to build this themselves, I'll be putting up a tutorial at some point of how to setup the build process in Jenkins CI.
 
E2Stream v6.5 has now been released and can be downloaded from here:
Code:
http://www.pembo.co.uk/e2stream/e2stream-download/

Change log:

Code:
v6.5 - 25/05/2015
* Implemented fix to avoid error on movie list items 
  with no description (not normally E2 recordings!)
  
* Changed recordings/movie playback to honour the
  transcoding settings that are set in the settings menu
  to allow for playback of recordings using the
  transcoder if needed.
 
Hi pembo,

Can you tell me what API you are using to resolve the picons for each channel? Is there a REST request for that?

Cheers
Finbarr
 
Oh and thanks for adding transcoded recordings! Ill give that a go tonight!
 
Hi pembo,

Can you tell me what API you are using to resolve the picons for each channel? Is there a REST request for that?

Cheers
Finbarr

There's no REST request unfortunately as far as I'm aware. I check for a service name picon for the channel, and then a service Id picon if the name one doesn't exist. To avoid many unnecessary/failed requests and for performance, I do this only for the first channel in the first bouquet, then use that decision as a basis to pull all the other picons.

The URL to access the picon is:
http://<ip>/picon/bbconehd.png

Where the filename is normalised lower case ascii, * replaced with star, & replaced with and, + replaced with plus

or same but URL for a service id icon, with : replaced by _


Service list comes from a REST call (name/id)
 
Ah right. I was afraid I would have to revert to that. I'm working on integration with Home-Assistant.
Code:
https://home-assistant.io
 
Last edited by a moderator:

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top