Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Engima 2 - Samsung SMART TV Streaming app

Hi pembo the enter key was working on version 1.7 as I did not test 1.8 and went to 2.0
 
2.0 introduced the changes for the h-series, so i'm pretty sure the issue came about then.
I guess at least right now it works with the play button, and given they both call the exact same function and only that function, then it has got to be something to do with those changes.

I'll try something else in the next release!
 
Apologies if I'm going on about this too much but ... is everyone else having good success with Pembo's app? My set up is I have a Gigablue 800SE Plus (running Zeus) going wirelessly to my H series Samsung TV (obviously :)). When switching to a channel, the epg (now/next) is displayed fairly quickly and then the anxious wait begins ... how long will the buffering msg stay on screen and will the channel come through? Unfortunately it's very hit-and-miss with me and sometimes it comes in fine other times not so.

Is everyone else having 100% success or ???
 
Mike, I get pretty much 100% success. I plan to implement a couple of different video playback mechanisms to try and make this easier, but with each there appears to be particular issues, e.g non HD channels playing in 4:3.

I'm wired by the way. Gigabit lan between the two.

Can you transcode? Could be worth trying to see if there is a network issue.
What about recordings, do they play back ok?
 
Hi Pembo,

Same result with transcoding (hit and miss) but playback of recordings is perfect. Im not blaming your app but would like to hear from others.. to see if I'm the only eejit
 
Hi Pembo,

Same result with transcoding (hit and miss) but playback of recordings is perfect. Im not blaming your app but would like to hear from others.. to see if I'm the only eejit

I'm not convinced of the Samsung video player to be honest, but I can only work with what they put in. There are 2 or 3 versions of the video player. I'm going to put an option in to be able to switch between these as it should be relatively painless to do, and there might be better compatibility with different versions of the TV hopefully...
 
I have not had a issue with this on my H version. I am hard wired.
 
have you tried with webif and see if you get the same issue. I know zeus had some issues with drivers. Might need to update to apollo and try
 
have you tried with webif and see if you get the same issue. I know zeus had some issues with drivers. Might need to update to apollo and try
Openwebif works fine on pc and tv....looking at the epg on the telly right now...
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm surprised it works at all against an old version :)

I've now fixed the issues some people were having viewing the recordings - a couple of very kind people supplied me with responses from their boxes so I could debug the issue. I've built an e2 openwebif simulator to respond based on supplied logs so I can test/build using someone elses logs to try and diagnose issues.

I'll get this build out later this week.
 
Hi Pembo,

I have been testing a few days now and I have noticed that some times you can play a stream but you get no audio
 
E2Stream v2.3 is now available to download from the usual place.
This hopefully fixes a lot of the issues people had with the recordings list.
Code:
http://www.pembo.co.uk/2014/12/03/e2stream-v2-3/

Change log

Code:
v2.3 - 03/12/2014
* Updated installer with many changes including:
  - New style
  - Top left dropdown Menu to select screens
  - Admin Screen to provide additional directory rather
    than having to do this on startup
  - Able to exit the installer from the web interface
  - About Screen
  - View of installation process as TV communicates
  - OpenWebIF Response Simulator to aid debugging of
    issues experienced by user.
    Needs files creating in c:\temp\e2logs as follows:
      > gettallservices.xml
      > getlocations.xml
      > movielist.xml
    These files correspond with the openwebif call with
    the same name and should contain a valid XML response.
* Updated E2Stream to handle recordings with no
  e2description element
* Added enter key unregister to try and fix another
  h-series only issue
* Tidy up removal of warnings to help spot issues more
  easily
 
Hi Pembo, does this app take long to load on the smart tv, mine takes nearly 3 mins could this be due to wifi signal and I like to say keep up the grate work mate thanks.
 
Hi Pembo, does this app take long to load on the smart tv, mine takes nearly 3 mins could this be due to wifi signal and I like to say keep up the grate work mate thanks.

Did it take 3 minutes even on first run before you input the IP?
Or is it only once you've set the IP?
 
Hello its seems to be every time I start the app on the tv its connect by wifi don`t know if that what it is, How long should it take.
 
Hello its seems to be every time I start the app on the tv its connect by wifi don`t know if that what it is, How long should it take.

Could you try and delete the app, then reinstall and time the very first run to see if this takes 3 minutes before it gives you the IP address input screen.
 
Interested to know from the h-series owners if the enter key behaves on this model now?
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top