Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Solo2] Enigma 2 constantly crashing and broadband issue - solo2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dannylfc
  • Start date Start date
The error code I keep getting in the crash log "could not locate lock file var/lib/opkg/lock: no such file or directory."

Does that indicate he has missed a file or added one that is causing this problem?

Is there anything else I can do at my end? I downloaded Firezilla but as I don't have the files on my laptop it is useless

The file is on your box, you need to use filezilla to access them. Input your IP address of your receiver and root as username, your file will be in usr/keys


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
It is not useless. Connect FZ to your box. You will then be able to view the files on your box. Navigate to /usr/keys. In the keys folder will be a file called mg_cfg view the file and check to see if Line L = L: { 00 }
 
may also be handy to download a copy of notepad++ to enable editing and viewing easier
 
I have restored and restarted router to factory settings, changed password and checked all settings on router. Everything seems fine so I'm not convinced my internet is causing the issue. If it continues to arise I will mgcamd and sort it all myself. Thank you all very much for your help. I'm still learning, it's a mine field but I will get there. Next time I do it all myself and don't rely on some one else. Cheers lads
 
i have filezilla open. how do I connect it to my box? I see Host, Username, Password, Port at the top
 
i have filezilla open. how do I connect it to my box? I see Host, Username, Password, Port at the top

Host is your IP address of your receiver. To find this from your receiver press menu> information> network.

Username: root
Password: leave blank providing this hasn't been changed


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
could not connect

Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message...
Response: 500 OOPS: vsftpd: not found: directory given in 'secure_chroot_dir':/var/share/empty
Error: Critical error: Could not connect to server
 
the empty /var file is the error message I received on my box. don't know if they are linked. So I restarted router *fingers crossed* last half hour i have not had a crash.Literally praying!
 
It's a bit unusual that the box crashes, I remember when I had this/similar problem with the L: setting for me it would cause issues with internet access and mgcamd would just stop working but I'm sure the box never crashed.
 
Others have reported crashes like this - and it seems to be mainly bt & virgin customers
 
It's been happening on my solo2 for ages My internet connection would go down occasionally and the only way to restore it was to unplug the Solo2 from the router. Once the Solo2 was rebooted, it would be ok again. The box didn't crash though. I don't use the Solo2 that much so I have never bothered to find out the cause, but reading this thread has told me what the problem is. My mg_cfg had L: {02}. I have changed it to {00}. My ip is talktalk.
 
It's been happening on my solo2 for ages My internet connection would go down occasionally and the only way to restore it was to unplug the Solo2 from the router. Once the Solo2 was rebooted, it would be ok again. The box didn't crash though. I don't use the Solo2 that much so I have never bothered to find out the cause, but reading this thread has told me what the problem is. My mg_cfg had L: {02}. I have changed it to {00}. My ip is talktalk.

ISP Provider shouldn't matter (although all providers config their routers differently).
Any config files that enable logs & send to a box that isn't configured or enabled on your network is the issue.

Anyone buying boxes with 'pre-configured' cams & 'gifts' is an issue & no support provided.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top