What is the length (days) of data downloaded from Freeview?

All I do is to set a repeating 10 minute recording timer for BBC1 at 6am. The recording is saved to the trash/recycling folder so that I never see it and it doesn't occupy any disk space.

What is the length (days) of data downloaded from Freeview?

Is there some reason for you not to use the plugin EPGRefresh?
This sounds like it's intended usecase.
Is there some reason for you not to use the plugin EPGRefresh?
This sounds like it's intended usecase.
As far as I know it always runs at the time I choose. There's an earliest and a latest time you set and a wait interval that's presumably to do with what happens if the necessary tuner isn't free. I assume it runs at the earliest time unless something prevents it, that's certainly when I have, on occasion, seen the pop up message saying it's starting. It's unclear exactly what happens if the tuner(s) it needs aren't free but it probably waits and tries a again at intervals you choose until the latest time. It seems to me that the most obvious deficiencies are that you can only make it run once a day and that it has to spend the same amount of time on each channel it zaps to.EPG refresh is in essence just a channel zapper. However, it is random and you don't really have much control of when it does it's thing.
Yes, I remember it being called that.The request to be able to set background zaps with timers so that you can schedule EPG acquisitions from desired channels got rejected 5 years ago. It is now called a "crazy idea".

Not quite.Just so I'm clear OpenTV just downloads(reads) the EPG data off satellite and saves it to some file. This is then read and specific epg info imported to memory when a channel on satellite is accessed?
Then EIT is always just read into memory when a terrestrial channel is accessed?
Thanks for patience. Slowly groking things
Seems like you're really proud of calling it a crazy idea.Yes a crazy idea.

Seems like you're really proud of calling it a crazy idea.
But too lazy to make any attempt at a reasoned argument against it.