Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo] Epg Bug and mgcamd not starting

avi68

Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2013
Messages
307
Reaction score
0
Points
16
Hi all,

I updated to vix build 20 this morning and noticed that my mgcamd does not automatically start when doing a reboot or when switching off the box from the rocker switch. Even though it has been set to auto start and it is active it still does not start after a reboot. In older versions it never was a problem. I have to manually go into softcam settings and reboot the softcam in order for it to work again. Once this has been done, it works normally. (same happening on zeus 21)

Second issue I have noticed today since the update is that when going through the epg I get an error and i have got a couple of logs included. (3 from build 20 and 1 from build 21).
It occurs when going down the epg to look at sky box office events, it reboots itself with an error message.

Please can someone check the logs and also see if the mgcamd works for them after a full reboot.Thanks!

Regards

Avi.
 

Attachments

I can confirm the EPG crash on build 21, I'll open a bug report.
Thanks for letting us know.
 
I can confirm the EPG crash on build 21, I'll open a bug report.
Thanks for letting us know.

Your welcome dude:thumbsup:

Can you also confirm the problem I was having with the mgcamd not auto starting since the update?

Also something weird just happened, the remote stopped working all of a sudden. I thought it was the batteries, so I put a fresh pair however it still wasn't working. There was no red led working on the remote. Started pushing random buttons but still nothing, then I kept pushing the exit button and it came alive again. Any ideas why this happened? First time this has happened:confused:
 
Sorry, I don't use mgcamd so no idea about that.
Where did you get the version you're using from? & I presume you've checked your config files?

Also, no idea about your remote...
 
Sorry, I don't use mgcamd so no idea about that.
Where did you get the version you're using from? & I presume you've checked your config files?

Also, no idea about your remote...

I got it from your openvix site. Yep mate, I haven't changed anything except doing an online update from build 19 to 20 and now 21. Config etc all the same.

It's ok mate, no worries, thanks for your help anyways.
 
I can confirm after updating to build 21 mgcamd stops working when restarted. Was working fine in build 18. :(
 
Can ye enable debug logs & upload one? Andy might be able to spot something...
 
I can confirm I am also getting this error, CCAM wont start automatically and when I scroll down on the EPG or if I page along to see what is on next I get a crash error, I can post some logs tomorrow if needed

This is present in 20 (that I downloaded and clean flashed this morning) and 21 that I updated to
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I can confirm I am also getting this error, CCAM wont start automatically and when I scroll down on the EPG or if I page along to see what is on next I get a crash error, I can post some logs tomorrow if needed

This is present in 20 (that I downloaded and clean flashed this morning) and 21 that I updated to

No problems with CCcam starting here & EPG bug should be fixed on next online update.
Please do upload debug logs of when a cam doesn't start when you get a chance.
 
No problems with CCcam starting here & EPG bug has been fixed in build 22.
Please install CCcam from our feeds.
 
EPG bug is fixed in build 22. Thanks :thumbsup:

However the cam problem still exists. Cannot give you a debug log as nothing appears.
 
mgcamd problem in build 21 has now been corrected/fixed for me in 22 (Solo2), my Uno has been fine all the way through. :thumbsup:
 
EPG bug is fixed in build 22. Thanks :thumbsup:

However the cam problem still exists. Cannot give you a debug log as nothing appears.

Enable debug from the log manager then reboot, you now have a log, should be stored in home\root\logs


EPG bug is fixed in build 22. Thanks :thumbsup:

However the cam problem still exists. Cannot give you a debug log as nothing appears.



Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk
 
Enable debug from the log manager then reboot, you now have a log, should be stored in home\root\logs






Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

It's already enabled mate. That's how I gave the epg log from last night.

What I meant is it's not producing a log for that.
 
Hi all,

I updated to vix build 20 this morning and noticed that my mgcamd does not automatically start when doing a reboot or when switching off the box from the rocker switch. Even though it has been set to auto start and it is active it still does not start after a reboot. In older versions it never was a problem. I have to manually go into softcam settings and reboot the softcam in order for it to work again. Once this has been done, it works normally. (same happening on zeus 21)

Second issue I have noticed today since the update is that when going through the epg I get an error and i have got a couple of logs included. (3 from build 20 and 1 from build 21).
It occurs when going down the epg to look at sky box office events, it reboots itself with an error message.

Please can someone check the logs and also see if the mgcamd works for them after a full reboot.Thanks!

Regards

Avi.


yep i have the same epg issue and reflashed, was fine, then today i;ve gone to epg and same issues pops up.
 
Hello people. I've got the mgcamd start up problem again, when I reboot the box the cam does not start itself, I have to manually restart the cam from the soft cam menu. I'm on Apollo 8.

I'm running mgcamd 1.35a, however I thought it was due to having an old version installed therefore I installed 1.38 from the plugin menu, but it's still the same.

Just wanted to know if anyone else is having the same problem?

Thanks
 
Hello people. I've got the mgcamd start up problem again, when I reboot the box the cam does not start itself, I have to manually restart the cam from the soft cam menu. I'm on Apollo 8.

I'm running mgcamd 1.35a, however I thought it was due to having an old version installed therefore I installed 1.38 from the plugin menu, but it's still the same.

Just wanted to know if anyone else is having the same problem?

Thanks

Im having the same problem on my vu+ duo using MGcamd 1.38 (Apollo 23)
 
Im having the same problem on my vu+ duo using MGcamd 1.38 (Apollo 23)

Ok i figured it out. I've actually gone back to mgcamd 1.35a.

What I did was I stopped mgcamd from the softcam menu, and also disabled the autostart up.

Then I rebooted the box by using the reboot option in the menu.

I then re-enabled mgcamd, and turned on autostart up (you should see the green tick).

I then rebooted the box again from the menu.

Now when the box boots it should automatically start mgcamd. Give it like a minute, and it should kick in.(this method worked for me)
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top