Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Uno] Epg data FTA with USB DVB-T tuner

diceman01

Forum Supporter
Donated Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2013
Messages
74
Reaction score
3
Points
8
Age
47
Location
Australia
Hi team, I use cross EPG with my DVB-S tuner and all is good :) however when I use my DVB-T tuner I get no guide info except for now and next. My region is Melbourne Australia is there anyway I can get it working properly?
 
I don't think this will ever get to work; those channels use different references, so there's no way Cross could match them.
 
It works fine here in Ireland, using Cross & Saorview (DVB-T). EPG just matches up...
Not sure what the difference would be though.
 
It works fine here in Ireland, using Cross & Saorview (DVB-T). EPG just matches up...
Not sure what the difference would be though.
Well, pretty sure Cross doesn't do anything for DVB-T.
I presume you'll be getting EIT-data.
 
Thanks guys, any suggestions on how to get it working? Or is it too hard being from Australia?
 
Well, pretty sure Cross doesn't do anything for DVB-T.
I presume you'll be getting EIT-data.

No idea how it works but on Saorview Cross does match up. It loads about 5 days EPG as opposed to the usual 7 days.
 
How do you know Cross does anything at all? What setting do do you use to obtain Saorview?
I think there can only be one test: delete all EPG data, , disable Cross, tune to a saorview channel and see if EPG data shows.
 
How do you know Cross does anything at all? What setting do do you use to obtain Saorview?
I think there can only be one test: delete all EPG data, , disable Cross, tune to a saorview channel and see if EPG data shows.

Ah, maybe that's it. Don't use anything to obtain Saorview EPG. Just use Cross for 28.2E & Saorview populates. Never checked if it's after tuning to a Saorview channel though...
 
Yeah, as I said: it will simply use EIT data. So that in itself is good (and what the DVB standard was meant for).
But you're in the hands of the provider: if he provides data i.a.w. the standard, users are happy. If not, I can't think of any way to get the data for any DVB-C/T service.
 
To clarify the situation somewhat. In Ireland, the EPG data is carried normally (no compression/encoding) in EIT schedule tables on Saorview. There is a full 7 day EPG. So Rob, your presumption is absolutely correct.
I understand that in Australia the EIT situation is very complex, with Freeview Australia using MHEG for EPG data. Some EIT data in Australia is obfuscated by using compression techniques (like Freesat in UK) and there would seem to be major inconsistencies in how programme data is listed on the various platforms. The EIT present/following tables provide the "now and next" data as standard so that would explain why that part of the EPG is ok. Perhaps someone from "down under" might contribute with clarification?
In the UK and Ireland the EIT situation is well understood and it helps somewhat in that Red Bee are responsible for processing programme metadata in both terrestrial and satellite services available to viewers here. The Freesat and SKY compression tables for EPG schedule data are handled by many different PVR platforms on linux. MHEG-5 could potentially be used for programme data in the future which would present the next set of challenges, but there are a lot of legacy receivers out there so EIT won't be going away anytime soon.
 
This is sounding to complex for me haha. You guys are gurus when it come this kind of topic. Problem in Australia is FTA via Sat is through a complex subscription with a sub standard locked down receiver. Only option is terrestrial so that's where the issue with the guide comes in. You guys in Europe and abroad are lucky when it comes to this hobby as not many of us do it here.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top