Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Solo2] EPG download crashes Vu+ via scheduled download

iwg

Forum Supporter
Donated Member
Joined
Jul 24, 2013
Messages
150
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Hi - ever since I upgraded to -014 my weekly 15:55 scheduled update of EPG crashes my Vu Solo2 - it immediately restarts and when I run manual load via Cross EPG in setup does work. I waited to -017 was released before logging. Apologies if anyone else has logged it but I couldn't find it - happy for team to redirect me if anyone else has reported it. The logs (which I will attach) suggest a corrupted EPG but I don't know what to delete to re-initialise it. Also have EPG Downloader but ins't that a separate tool? Thanks. PS - All else is stable on -017.View attachment Enigma2_crash_2017-06-18_15-56-16.log
 
I meant have EPG-Importer as well as Cross EPG
 
Thanks Abu - have done that download, followed by EPG delte and re=scheduled my EPG download for 16:55 - will know in two minutes if it worked.
 
Yes - Abu - it went straight thru the 16:55 EPG download without crashing and restarting. Team Air Emirates from NZ kept sailing straight thru the download. Thanks for your advice. I assume the other downloader EPG-Importer works separately as it is a different time.
 
Abu - thanks for advice. I think I may get away with just using EPG Importer and disable Cross EPG. When I looked just now, EPG had loads of gaps and I've just checked logs dir - have a crash from 15:55 today. So I'm guessing the downloaded data from EPG Importer (runs at 18:31) is not fully compat with what Cross EPG expects. Reason I have both is I started with Cross EPG for normal 28.2 and then added the second to experiment with IPTV. All my crashes are timed at 15:55 (except one when I changed the configured time to check it would crash).
 
Strange observation - I hadn't got round to disabling Cross-EPG - mainly because I spent usual time online distracted doing the -018 update last night. And today I had no crash at 15:55 so maybe it's sorted - will postpone any action to Saturday when I'll be online at 15:55. -018 looking good so far. Thanks. PS Downloads not showing the -018 download yet in Image Manager Yellow. I went ahead with the online update and it worked OK.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top