Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[Mut@nt HD2400] EPG Download (Third Party)

dfox

Forum Supporter
Donated Member
Joined
Nov 13, 2012
Messages
441
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
41
Morning All,

Could anyone advise how I would download an EPG guide from a third party with only an XML file?

Tia
 
Do you mean that you have an xml file with epg contents that you want to use on your receiver? Menu>Setup>EPG>CrossEpg>Load EPG
 
Would that not just load the contents from epg.dat?

I have a IPTV Bouquet installed, I have been provided an XML file for the EPG, I want the image to download and display the epg for the iptv stream.

Thanks
 
Would that not just load the contents from epg.dat?

I have a IPTV Bouquet installed, I have been provided an XML file for the EPG, I want the image to download and display the epg for the iptv stream.

Thanks

oh apologies i misread/misunderstood what you meant in the first post; yes your right it would; I also have a few IPTV channels on my box that i was fiddling with a while back to try and get the epg to populate but i had no luck; doesn't seem to be a lot of support on the net for it either.
 
oh apologies i misread/misunderstood what you meant in the first post; yes your right it would; I also have a few IPTV channels on my box that i was fiddling with a while back to try and get the epg to populate but i had no luck; doesn't seem to be a lot of support on the net for it either.

Yeah, I have edited the XML file to 1 channel only just to test it to the same as the XML file for 28.2 but couldn't get it to work either. Wasn't sure where to go from there ha ha to try and get it downloaded.
 
Yeah, I have edited the XML file to 1 channel only just to test it to the same as the XML file for 28.2 but couldn't get it to work either. Wasn't sure where to go from there ha ha to try and get it downloaded.

I do feel your pain dfox, i was fiddling for hours but i had no joy and didn't want to much about with it too much in case i messed up something else.

Hopefully another member will be able to assist but the problem with iptv on e2 is that its not that popular compared to the sat and cable use
 
It seems that OpenPLi 4 has better support on that than Vix.
OpenPli, should support XCplugin (https://forum.rapidiptv.net/threads/xcpluggin-epg-and-logos-on-enigma-2-devices-with-rapidiptv.1115/) and Ruya plugins. You can search about that. These plugins will connect to your iptv "provider" and collect EPG and logo informations for the iptv channel lists.

In any case, the main problem of iptv stream channels is that they need a unique code to be identified http://siptv.eu/codes/
They have created another way to include EPG using KODI on the iptv channel list that works with Rytec EPG downloader and that shows the correct Logo. However only for KODI.
https://rapidiptv.com/threads/epg-most-wanted.788/#post-1741

I think this other way including EPG code and Logo code with the software https://rapidiptv.com/threads/epg-most-wanted.788/#post-1776, will be the best way.
If you can try with your streams and configure rytec epg downloader which is already included in Openvix.
The problem is that there is a lot of manual work, your provider should do that for you.
 
Last edited:
It seems that OpenPLi 4 has better support on that than Vix.
OpenPli, should support XCplugin (https://forum.rapidiptv.net/threads/xcpluggin-epg-and-logos-on-enigma-2-devices-with-rapidiptv.1115/) and Ruya plugins. You can search about that. These plugins will connect to your iptv "provider" and collect EPG and logo informations for the iptv channel lists.

In any case, the main problem of iptv stream channels is that they need a unique code to be identified http://siptv.eu/codes/
They have created another way to include EPG using KODI on the iptv channel list that works with Rytec EPG downloader and that shows the correct Logo. However only for KODI.
https://rapidiptv.com/threads/epg-most-wanted.788/#post-1741

I think this other way including EPG code and Logo code with the software https://rapidiptv.com/threads/epg-most-wanted.788/#post-1776, will be the best way.
If you can try with your streams and configure rytec epg downloader which is already included in Openvix.
The problem is that there is a lot of manual work, your provider should do that for you.

I can appreciate this, however support on this forum is for VIX users
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top