Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo] epg empty

  • Thread starter Thread starter dangermoose
  • Start date Start date
sorry mate, i guess the experts here will sort us out, i'm still hopeful.
 
Post screen prints off all your epg setup screens.
 
Can you check that you have ticked one of the satellite providers in Menu/setup/system/epg/crossepg and then in Open tv providers?
 
Yes this was done. Remember all was working before this problem starts. question is why does it takes over 30mins for box to boot up from shutdown? Wht cant I access movies stored in HDD? Why can't I change EPG Location from internal Flash to /media/hdd/movie?

Can you check that you have ticked one of the satellite providers in Menu/setup/system/epg/crossepg and then in Open tv providers?
 
Have you tried disconnecting your hard drive?I see from your earlier post you were able to us a usb and get your epg back. I'd maybe try disconnecting it and also maybe remove your network cable and just see if your system boots quicker...?
 
Last edited:
Yes did that, I tried booting up without the HDD and it same result. Thanks for your help.
 
think the only thing you can try now is to do a full flash ..? Would have be good to get an answer to the reason behind your fault though.. I take it you have plenty free memory? Just check in Menu and information
 
Honestly, the issue made me to do a full flash thereby putting the most resent Vix image for duo, yet no solution. I guess it's hardware issue but don't know what and how to fix.
 
The three main reasons for excessive boot times are as such ( there may be others but these are the main ones ).

1. failing capacitor ( Duo only ).
2. The receiver performing a check disk on the hard drive.
3. A clone when using newer drivers due to the way they patched the security counter measures.

The only way to know whats going on is to log it at bootup with a RS232 cable and putty. The below image shows the settings for putty to create a bootlog. ( the com port will depend upon your device etc )
 
When you flashed it, did it flash normally or did it take ages to install the new image ?
 
It flashed normally, please how to log at boot up using rs232? The thumbnail is clear using putty but after that how to log?
 
It flashed normally, please how to log at boot up using rs232? The thumbnail is clear using putty but after that how to log?

for as long as possible or until it boots, the longer the better really.
 
so just connect rs232, open putty, select serial and switch box ON? How do I collect and send log info?
thanks
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top