Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Ultimo] EPG Issue

StuBFrost

New member
Joined
Feb 21, 2012
Messages
190
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Apologies if this is already been mentioned but I have an EPG issue with items overlapping.

For example, I have the EPG update itself at 4am. I noticed today that the rescheduled England football match wasn't showing on the EPG so I did a forced download and update.

What has now happened is that the football now correctly shows starting at 16:00 to 18:10 but to the right of the entry is what was originally on at that time and so on until the entries are back in sync again.

I hope this makes sense.
 
That is correct behaviour.
All EPG that comes into the box, whatever the source, is added to the existing data, so old data will always still show.
The only way to get rid of old data is by deleting epg.dat (be aware that this can only be done if Enigma has been stopped (via telnet'init 4')) and than gathering new data.
 
I think you can restore your EPG from a back up. If you have one, try that.
 
I can understand keeping existing data if I have multiple sources but if I do a full refresh from one source than can't it clear the data first ?
 
Simple answer is: no!
Enigma doesn't know the source of data; once it has been loaded it's all on one big heap of data (in live-memory).
So how would Enigma know that what you call 'a full refresh' is actually meant to refresh all EPG-data? Sorry, but that's not the way Enigma works.
 
Is there a way to clear out existing EPG data in memory (without deleting EPG.dat and rebooting)?
 
So when I use the CrossEPG downloader, this just downloads changes or does it download everything ?
 
Is there a way to clear out existing EPG data in memory (without deleting EPG.dat and rebooting)?
No.
Again: all EPG data, whatever the source, is added to the already existing data and kept in RAM. When Enigma is shut down (properly) this data is written to epg.dat, which is read again on E2 start.

So when I use the CrossEPG downloader, this just downloads changes or does it download everything ?
It can't download changes as nothing in the whole system knows what changes are. So indeed: a download takes it all.

Don't forget that there are more sources of EPG-data, such as the data received directly from the transponder.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top