Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Solo2] EPG not downloading g

mskhan01

New member
Joined
Feb 10, 2014
Messages
252
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
UK
My epg is set for daily download at 8:50, unfortunately as the my Vu solo2 was off this morning, it didn't update the epg. So I did a manual download from the menu option. Now it was going through loops of parsing events & had been going on for 15 min so I did an exit & afterwards it show a message of downloading few things. But after all that my epg data is missing? I have tried it a few times but same issues? Any help will be appreciated.
 
Had the same problem yesterday and the day before that. Seems OK now after I deleted the file "epg.dat" and downloaded again.
 
Sometimes restarting enigma2 forces a data to repopulate
 
Thanks for your help Guys, I am all sorted using both tips:thumbsup:
 
Im having a problem today downloading the EPG. Ive tried a manual download , it just hangs on "Loading data". Never had this problem before. Is there a problem with the servers?
 
just tried downloading ABM & CrossEPG on my Solo2 and it seems to be working Perfect and pretty Fast
 
I have noticed although I have a full epg on pressing epg button, I am still missing program names by pressing the up or down button. They will show after you have opened that channel, never had this issue before? Have now updated to Helios but having the same issue?
 
Update, this morning on update still having a very slow progress on Parsing events,if I exit it, there is no epg? I am on the latest Helios image?
 
I will appreciate if someone can help me with my Lraizer autobouquet update on vix Helios please, as stated above it takes forever on parsing events , I have exited after 15 min once? It used to do it in a flash but for the last few days has been giving me trouble?
 
You are confusing things. Channel lists and EPG are two different things. Lraizers plugin does not parse events.

Put Enigma to sleep with an init 4 telnet command. (You must do this as EPG data is kept in RAM and written back). Delete EPG.dat, restart receiver and then download EPG again.
 
Honestly I am not sure what has gone wrong with it as it used to work flawlessly but now on auto update or even manual update it will find 918 channels & then will download a few things before it gets to parsing events phase & then starts crawling afterwards & if I exit it at that stage it will download a few more files & then will upload? I have already tried with deleting EPG.dat file & after restart have downloaded another one but still having same issues.Not sure about initial 4 telenet command, how to do it?
 
Apologies for confusing with autobouquet, for correction I am having issues with cross EPG not autobouquet?
 
Oh dear no joy, even uninstalled cross EPG & then reinstalled after a restart but still having same delay on parsing events requiring a manual exit to proceed, surely someone will know how to sort it out or perhaps none is interested in helping a newbie :smash:?
 
With regards to the telnet command, after you log in, you just type the following.
Code:
init 4

EPG data is held in live memory. If you delete EPG.dat and then restart, it will re-write the EPG.dat back to your storage medium. You must put Enigma to sleep before deleting EPG.dat

Post a screenshot of this parsing error.
 
Screen shot.webp
Thanks for your help, have tried telenet command & deleted epg.dat file after that but after restart on running update again having a very very slow update at "parsing events" stage, which keeps repeating & have to manually exit it to proceed.I have attached screen shot as well, but there is no error message other than screen showing slow update at parsing events?
 
You have to place
enigma to sleep using telnet init 4. DO NOT DISCONNECT THE TELNET SESSION,(sorry for capitals, just have to stress that point) whilst telnet still active FTP to box, and delete epg.dat. now wake enigma using telnet init 3.
Then retry cross epg download.

(I wouldn't have deleted the cross epg, as you say you have, as this is written into the image, you could've added extra problems to the situation.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk
 
I have done exactly as you have suggested by using telenet, deleting file epg.dat from my hard drive but unfortunately it is taking the same delay on parsing event stage & if I do a manual exit there is no epg afterwards ? DO I need to do a fresh flash from scratch??
 
What EPG sources are you using & where are you saving EPG to?
 
Cross EPG-XMLTV Provider- Rytec UK XMLTV
Open TV provider Sky UK Open TV

Have always saved to it to external hard drive
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top