Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ET5x00] EPG problem related to Hades.018

  • Thread starter Thread starter outtathisworld
  • Start date Start date
O

outtathisworld

Guest
Hi Guys,
Since updating to Hades My epg seems to get screwed up.
I am on the latest version 018

Its all set up on the usb stick and has always worked OK until using Hades.

What seems to be happening is, from a fresh start with my usb stick (formatted and mounted) it downloads the EPG OK, but then on (what seems like) random occasion I loose the EPG when checking the channel guide, There are only a few channels showing programme details.

When I ftp to my box the crossepg folder and epg.dat files are there on the usb stick, But also appearing is another crossepg folder on my hdd.
I can only guess that this is why my epg is getting screwed up, but why is it producing another crossepg folder on my hdd when nowhere in the epg settings is the hdd listed.

I have completely re flashed and set up the crossepg as per the tutorial on here just to make sure everything is correct, but is still keeps getting cocked up.

The files and folders on my usb are as follows crossepg (folder), lost+found (folder), Picon (folder), epg.dat and swapfile.

any help appreciated.
Thanks
 
Sounds like your mount points are getting messed up for some reason.
Delete all EPG related files on your HDD/USB/Internal Flash.
Use mount manager, blue button -> ViX -> Mount Manager to set up & save your mounts, then restart E2.
Verify all mounts are as expected & set your EPG up again.
 
Thanks I'll give it ago.
Just one thing where would I find it (if any) on the internal flash ?
 
Thanks I'll give it ago.
Just one thing where would I find it (if any) on the internal flash ?

If you issue:
Code:
find / -name epg.dat
in telnet, it will find all epg.dat files on the flash, hdd, usb...
 
Cheers Judge.
Heres the latest.
I removed and formatted my usb
removed my hdd (which is connected by usb)
Put the usb back in mounted it
ftp my picon folder and swapfile to it
set all the crossepg settings
downloaded the epg

then when I ftp to the usb I see My crossepg folder, swapfile, picon folder but no epg.dat.

After doing a telnet search for epg.dat it finds it in my autofs/pc folder (which I stream from) not on the usb. like before when my hdd was connected it would be on the hdd. So it seems that the epg.dat is being sent to the wrong place, if thats possible.
I think I'll try removing my autofs/pc mounts and see if that helps, but when I put my hdd back on and mount it, will it just direct it to save there?
but why wouldnt it save it to the usb when all the settings are telling it to.
 
no idea, did you ever have your PC share mounted as HDD replacement?
Anyway, it's your mounts that are messing up, so best to sort them or fresh flash & set up from scratch again.
 
cheers judge
I think a fresh flash tomorrow is on the cards.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top