Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

EPG Problem

frank

Member
Joined
Oct 12, 2010
Messages
271
Reaction score
0
Points
16
My Epg won't update everyday. It will only update every few days.

I have chosen OpenTV Epg for Sky UK and Italia and have set it to update at 4:00am everyday. I have even tried to change it to update every time when it's in standby, but that won't make a difference.
 
ive had this issue recently too and not sure why. i havent updated to 2.0.3 yet so i will do that first and see if that changed anything, but ive been having random issue on certain channels were it shows last nights programme on the current show lol strange as anything but i might try RyVIX and see if that gives me the same issues
 
Would it make a difference if I save the EPG data to a Flash Drive, instead of the HDD?
 
hmm not really but its recommended to use usb to just free up flash memory for box performance

edit: just read flash drive ... im guessing you meant usb flash drive?
 
hmm not really but its recommended to use usb to just free up flash memory for box performance

edit: just read flash drive ... im guessing you meant usb flash drive?

Yes USB Flash drive and when I say HDD, I mean the internal Hard Drive.
 
aslong as the USB Flash drive is recognised in device manager and mounted as media/usb, i dont see why it shouldnt work. only downside to hdd is, constant spinning, will not get any rest everytime you fire up epg
 
aslong as the USB Flash drive is recognised in device manager and mounted as media/usb, i dont see why it shouldnt work. only downside to hdd is, constant spinning, will not get any rest everytime you fire up epg

Are you saying that if I save the EPG data to a USB drive, the box will slow down and I will get that VIX spinning symbol when I load EPG?
 
aslong as the USB Flash drive is recognised in device manager and mounted as media/usb, i dont see why it shouldnt work. only downside to hdd is, constant spinning, will not get any rest everytime you fire up epg

The HDD will not spin up everytime EPG is accessed. Your EPG data is only stored on media so its saved when rebooting etc..to save re-downloading. The EPG data gets loading into the EPG Cache on boot up.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top