Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Ultimo] EPG Problems

frankblueking

New member
Joined
Feb 1, 2012
Messages
195
Reaction score
1
Points
0
I have an old box which I was advised to keep on an older image to avoid problems. I have to say that my box has been working well but today I suddenly find I cannot download a full EPG. I have redone the settings for CrossEPG Downloader and EPG Importer. Has anything changed with the Plugins and/or the EPG data base? Have I missed a post? In addition my motorised dish will no longer work but not sure if that is a separate issue. Any help would be appreciated. Frankblueking
 
Somewhat disappointed that I received not one reply. After searching other sites I see problems being reported with the Rytech database, is this a general problem or something specific to my system? I have removed and then reinstalled both of my EPG plugins without success. Frankblueking
 
You need to use one or the other, not both EPG Importer & CrossEPG as it is known to cause issues.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thanks Andy will remove one. Still confusing though as it HSS worked fine for 5+years!!? Frank
 
Following Andy's comment I tried CrossEPG as the only Plugin and found that CrossEPG is not providing any EPG Data. EPG Importer only provides data for about 50% of the channels. Has the CrossEPG Plugin changed? I am now struggling so can anyone give me some help? Frankblueking
 
Both plugins have changed. Whether those changes affect your EPG gathering process may or may not be affected. If you are using the Internet based aspect, be aware that the sites from which they obtain data have changed too. It may also be the case that one of the websites has a problem.



You have not posted any details of what settings you are using.
 
Last edited:
Two main Sats, 19E & 28.2E. I am using plugins downloaded from the Vix site, as I have done for 7 years. Can you point me to the crib page that tells me see what the new settings are for Crossepg/EPG Importer & where to to edit. Thanks for your replies. Frankbluekung
 
An after thought, what is the latest image my Vu+ Ultimo can cope with given its age? Would downloading a later image resolve my EPG issues? Frankblueking
 
Install 5.2.034 and you can always create a swap file to give it some umph.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thanks Andy. Will do a fresh install. Presume 5.2.034 is in image downloads. If my memory is correct CrossEPG will automatically install. Hopefully that will do the trick. Thanks again. Frank
 
You will most likely need to go onto the ViX website & download 5.2.034, then you can ftp the zipped image to the Receiver using filezilla or your preferred ftp client, then Blue button > ViX > Image manager & then Blue button to flash the receiver.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top