Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ViX_Misc] EPG Refresh, iEPG and VPS

Just to knock the branch confusion issue. images built using nextp3 and nextp3-ssl111 OE-A branches will use the dev branch of the plugin repo
In practice there is no functional change between tth brances.

Except the Heuvos' recent change (== fix) was onto to master, not to dev.
 
Well done for making progress with this. Re: P3 I was talking about removal of absolute import.
I forgot to mention that absolute import isn't needed for this (or for any other) plugins.

absolute import will happen in Py3 by force (you don't need to import it - you can't get rid of it).

So all you need to do is to make sure you put a "." before anything a plugin imports from its own repository - which has been supported since Py2.5.

It makes more sense to correct the Py2 version to specify what they really mean than to push unneeded future statements into code.

So you may want to put it in once to test whether it breaks. But if it does the solution is to fix it in Py2 (as it will need to be fixed anyway) and then leave the future out.
 
This plugin is in desperate need of hints texts on the config page and a decent information guide.
 
So the plugin is fully enabled in its setup screen, but always disabled in the timer and autotimer screens. Surely this isn't right.
 
So the plugin is fully enabled in its setup screen, but always disabled in the timer and autotimer screens. Surely this isn't right.
This is the broken version

Sent from my IN2013 using Tapatalk
 
It is the version on the repo. Is there a more up to date version than the one on the repo?
 
Using that file this is my (wrong) result:

I'm seeing exactly the same (wrong) result on 5.4.008.002, downloading vps 1.33 from the dev feed.

Same problem with "that file", which is identical to the one I downloaded 2 days ago and worked as expected.
 
Last edited:
I'm seeing exactly the same (wrong) result on 5.4.008.002, downloading vps 1.33 from the dev feed.

Same problem with "that file", which is identical to the one I downloaded 2 days ago and worked as expected.
The only thing I see is you using a different skin - I use whatever comes out of the box

Sent from my IN2013 using Tapatalk
 
The versions of Modifications.py in master and python3 (?) are different.

One obvious difference is the dot being added here "from .Vps_setup import VPS_show_info"
 
Last edited:
The versions of Modifications.py in master and python3 (?) are different.

One obvious difference is the dot being added here "from .Vps_setup import VPS_show_info"

The one I linked to is the working version
 
[STRIKE]Its not enabled by default any more on 5.4.008.002 for me either.[/STRIKE] It still works but you need to enable it manually for each recording. Enable VPS on instant records is a different setting (not for recording from epg) and that setting seems to work fine


Edit: getting confused in the old age. Version 1.33 from the dev feeds in working the same as the modifications.py file birdman uploaded a few days ago. As it should be seeing as its the same file. VPS is still not enabled by default in epg recordings regardless of the plugin setting (it must be manually set each time - no big deal deal). Other than that it is working fine.
 
Last edited:
The versions of Modifications.py in master and python3 (?) are different.

One obvious difference is the dot being added here "from .Vps_setup import VPS_show_info"
The dot is correct.
In practice it makes no difference as there is no other Vps_setup to import.
 
Still the same (wrong) result. Also, it is inserting some crap in the title field of the timer screen.

1.webp
 
I did wonder where the third VPS thread was when Abu mentioned 3 a week or so ago.
Now I know.
It would help if comments about the VPS plugin were put into the thread were I was reporting fixes.

I'll look into the reported issue(s), but updates will go into that "VPS geht nicht" thread.
 
Using that file this is my (wrong) result:

View attachment 61558
Something wrong there. Those last two entries are shown as on/off switches, but actually each has 3 possible values No, Yes(safe mode) and Yes. They are both ConfigSelection entries.

Something wrong in your skin?
 
Last edited:

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top