Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ViX_Misc] EPG Refresh, iEPG and VPS

I'm using the same skin (simple 1080) but with text instead of the graphic. I see yes/no only on those options which would align with the the graphic. It's only on the actual timer entries that it show yes/no/yes-safe mode (and it seems to default to yes-safe mode in the timer). I'll try the Vix night HD skin and see.


EDIT - got all three option in the VPS setup on Vix Night HD. The set default option comes up on the timer edit entry and sticks ok. All good :thumbsup:
 
Last edited:
I'm using Magic FHD and there doesnt seem to be any issues there
 
For my benefit (and sanity), has setting "VPS enabled by default" to "Yes" in the plugin ever resulted in an EPG/Green add timer with "Enable VPS" already set to "Yes" ?
 
I did see it before but cant replicate it. I even saw it today on 5.4.008.002 although the setting in the plugin was "ask user" it was set to "yes" in the new timer. But I cant get it to do it again.
 
I did see it before but cant replicate it. I even saw it today on 5.4.008.002 although the setting in the plugin was "ask user" it was set to "yes" in the new timer. But I cant get it to do it again.

Is "ask user" only for instant record?
 
Definitely the grey matter failing. It is. I'm really confused by this now. If you set "enabled by default" to "yes" it seems to work but only for one timer. Then its back to "no" for the next timer. The setting is still set to "yes" in the plugin but no longer has any effect. So I thought it was working correctly on 5.4.007 (release) with the modded file but its obviously not. Thats probably why ccs is pulling his hair out
 
Not in the past, but since the last change to Modifications.py it's now doing it.

Today, I've tried 4 different releases, the current dev release of vps and the latest Modification.py file, and I can't get it to do it anymore. :confused:
 
I can replicate it now - if you set "vps enabled by default" to "no" and save. Go back in and enable it. Then the next timer you set will have it enabled. But only for one timer and the setting seems to get ignored again.

Edit: This is on 5.4.007 (release) with modded py file
 
Last edited:
There's serious weirdness whether this feature works or not. Currently I can get it to work correctly on one channel but not on any other. I will have to play more with it as why that channel only. In my case its sky news but I doubt that is relevant.
 
I don't know if this helps, just randomly searching....


There is a new version (0.5):

- Search for related events (improved PDC support)
Sports programs for example be at ARD / ZDF frequently interrupted by messages. EPG in the broadcast will appear on your part as 1 and 2, in between the messages. The plugin can see that part go together 1 / 2 and take on both. The detection is done by the PDC-descriptor, ie For both parties the same VPS time is transmitted. Existing timers are of course taken into account. If so you have always created timer for both parties will not be included twice.

- PDC check on all new timers
Even with timers that are programmed via the EPG, the plugin now checks whether the sender has a PDC-descriptor in the EPG. When a PDC Descr. exist, then it's already a good sign that the station will provide reliable data in the Running status.
If the descriptor is not there, ask for the plugin, if VPS is to be really activated. They should inform themselves in advance whether the station provides reliable data (see text information in the plugin or here in the thread). You can also choose to be on this station does not want to be asked.

- Behavior of "VPS default to enable" changed
When turned on, VPS is pre-activated only at stations where it has previously been activated at some point even manually VPS. VPS is pre-activated so as not essentially all new timers.


I think this is a good compromise for those who wanted to have a channel list in the plugin. The plugin must either have previously recognized that the sender transmits a PDC-descriptor, or you must have selected that one at the station no longer wants to be asked if VPS is to be really activated.
Thx to sftg
 
Well that answers that one. I was finding that it was enabled on a few more channels but couldn't see a pattern. I suppose it always helps to RTFM! I will do a short recording on 5.4.008.002 to check if thats the case.
 
Hi ccs - where did you get that info? It's not in the plugin notes (which are not great translations from, I presume, the original German).

That info actually confirms what I have just been testing. I set a manual timer from the EPG on the current channel. It defaulted to YES and set the timer value properly. I then tried a timer on another channel. It defaulted to NO and I changed the value to YES, whereupon it checked that channel for VPS compliance and offered me the the options Yes/No/Yes and don't ask again. Once you set the "Yes and don't ask again" I think it writes the entry in the timers_vps.xml file and then it's set for good for that channel/service. The serviceref in the xml file is marked as vps_enabled and vps_overwrite so I think if there is an entry for the service in the xml file already the pgin doesn't ask again and defaults to yes. Whew! So many moving parts in this plugin and so badly documented!
 
I don't recollect any warnings today about channels not supporting VPS, they certainly did last week, but it could just me me.

Need to find the latest instructions, my last post was version 0.5 and may well have changed significantly since then.
 
It checks the channel the first time you set VPS on it. I think it doesn't do the check the next time you want to set a timer on that channel because of the entry in timers_vps.xml. All channels essentially support VPS on irish/UK terrestrial and sat.
 
Found it here ....
Code:
https://www.sat-universe.com/showthread.php?t=207592

If I'd scrolled down further there's more....

VPS-Plugin 1.1

VPS-Plugin 1.1


The VPS-plugin can determine if a program starts earlier or longer than the programmed timer was. For this, the channels provide reliable data.


Features:
- Each timer can be enabled VPS
- Analysis of the Running status of a shipment (not running, starts in a few seconds, pausing, running)
- Recordings can be completely controlled by the channel information, which enables very accurate shots
- Alternatively, the security mode used, the programmed start and end times will be adhered to
- Control-lead time (eg 10 minutes before the start of the recording starts with the plugin to monitor the running status)
- Enter the VPS / PDC time with manually created timers possible
- Search for related events (eg when sports programs are interrupted by news)


The channels provide reliable data? (RUNNING status)
ARD and ZDF give for their shipments usually always an accurate running status.
Specifically, the following stations: The First (HD), ZDF (HD), NDR, WDR, MDR, Bavarian Television, hr, rbb, SWR, 3sat, arte (HD), Kika, Phoenix, BR-alpha, ZDFinfo, zdf_neo , zdf.kultur, Eins Extra, Eins Plus, One Festival

The private stations adjust their status to not running when a program starts earlier or is coated. The VPS function should not be turned on when recording from the private sector.

Besides providing more in Austria, ORF, in Switzerland, the Czech Republic in SF and CT half reliable data.


What is VPS time?
ARD and ZDF in any of their EPG data on the VPS time (PDC-descriptor).
The VPS-time should be the published start time in magazines. ARD / ZDF give the VPS-time requirements on their websites and teletext.
Be specified in the manual timer settings must VPS time when you turn on the VPS function.
With the VPS time can find the plugin, the event ID of the program and can then begin evaluating the Running state. When programming from EPG has no VPS time to be specified because, in case an event ID already stored in the timer.

This looks for the plug to the VPS time, no name may be specified for the timer. The name and description fields are filled in by the plugin, if a program of the VPS-time was found.

This is only manually programmed timers (menu -> Timer -> Add) relevant! For timers that are programmed via the EPG, can of course remain the timer automatically assumed name.


What is VPS active Yes / Yes (safe mode)?
Security mode means that the plugin takes into account the programmed start time and end time. The plugin can start recording only if earlier or run longer but never shorter.

If only Yes was selected, the plugin can start recording only when the item is listed as "running", and stops the timer, when the Running status is set to "not running". In this case, the programmed timer times are therefore not considered for inclusion. The start time of the timer should be programmed correctly, but nonetheless, because this time it is used as to when the plugin starts with the monitoring of the timer.

The advantage of the function is that is received at best delayed sending exactly. The disadvantage of the function is that the program is not included or incomplete möglicherwise when the transmitter will result in incorrect data. This is also on ARD / ZDF irregular times of the case.

In short:
To be on the safe side, should use the secure mode.


Control-flow time
The plugin by default starts 10 minutes before the start of the recording eigentlichem to oversee the running state.

If no free tuner is there, then tried the plugin on the current transponder / channel for information search. ARD will broadcast e.g. also on their transponders EPG information from ZDF and vice versa. However, it is expected with a slight delay.
With timers that are to be controlled by the transmitter information on the plugin to optionally for the lead time to be recorded on the transmitter.


VPS enable by default on new timers
It can be adjusted if the creation of new VPS timer should be already pre-activated. VPS is pre-activated only at stations where you enabled VPS and ever recognized the plugin already has that support this station VPS.


Support for other plugins
The following other plugins / apps support the VPS-plugin:
- Auto Timer
- Dreamote


Installation
The plugin can be installed using the Extension Manager from Enigma2 (category images) or in the GP3 with addons and plugins (system).
Otherwise, the plugin can be downloaded from http://www.dreamboxupdate.com/.

Be restarted after installation Enigma!

For owners of 7025 or 7025 + is appended below an IPK file. This file is intended only for the 7025!


Settings
The settings are under the plugin menu - to find> VPS-plugin -> Settings -> System.
Attached Files
 
Indeed that is what seems to be happening. I looked through the channels that it was enabled on by default on and yes they were channels I had tested recording on. However not all channels that I had used the plugin in had it enabled by default. And I did a few timer recordings on a few different channels but that didn't change the status either. No big deal - at least we have an explanation of what is happening. Its not difficult to enable it for a recording and I find it a very useful feature. I hated using padding on recordings as it made the timer list look very haphazard and I found itdifficult looking through the epg to see which programs were actually set for recording/partial recording.
 
.... have you been able to get autotimers to create timers with Enable VPS=Yes ?
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top