Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

EPG Refresh

bangorbob

Forum Supporter
Donated Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2012
Messages
128
Reaction score
0
Points
16
Age
71
Location
Rojales, Alicante, Spain
Hi, I have done a fresh install of vi 5.3.27 with abm setup for SKY Uk N.Ireland SD custom FTA only, I have also setup crossepg to collect the epg data but have discovered that C4 HD only shows now and next. I am trying to setup EPGRefesh using the pdf from another post, but it says to use cable services and select iepg data1, no cable services show in my epgrefresh. I also read in another post to use last scanned and scroll down to 5256 IEPG data1 but my last scanned dosent have this. Any pointers would be greatly apprecated.

Thanks in adavance
 
CrossEPG should be bringing in Channel 4 HD EPG.

The IEPG channel on satellite is on 11778 Vertical, 27500. Scan that frequency manually. However, ABM should have found it already.
 
I'll second that. CrossEPG brings in C4 HD for me. I use a custom ABM setting to combine Saorview and Freesat channels into one bouquet (with C4 HD at position 104) and a separate ABM bouquet for SKY FTA services from London region. Cross uses the same 11778 frequency to gather the EPG data and populates C4 HD for the week ahead. I run ABM and Cross a couple of times per week at 04.30.
 
CH4 HD doesn’t work on CrossEPG for me either. I have to use EPGRefresh and scan on the Iepg channel to populate my 7 days worth of guide listings.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Hi, I have done a fresh install of vi 5.3.27 with abm setup for SKY Uk N.Ireland SD custom FTA only, I have also setup crossepg to collect the epg data but have discovered that C4 HD only shows now and next. I am trying to setup EPGRefesh using the pdf from another post, but it says to use cable services and select iepg data1, no cable services show in my epgrefresh. I also read in another post to use last scanned and scroll down to 5256 IEPG data1 but my last scanned dosent have this. Any pointers would be greatly apprecated.

Thanks in adavance

Have you told the box to re-number the channels in the bouquet? Menu -> setup -> User interface -> channel selection -> Alternative number mode = yes. If so it will not be at 5256. BTW my IEPG is at 2527 with Alternative number mode = no in my Sky UK - All channels bouquet

Also make sure that you haven't hidden it. Menu -> setup -> Tuner and Scanning -> Autobouquetsmaker -> Hide sections and make sure that the "sky info" option is NOT ticked

Two images one with Alternative number mode = no (channel 2527) and the other Alternative number mode = yes (channel 994) showing what you may have to look for in the sky or last scanned bouquet. (IEpg is highlighted channel). I have many sky sections hidden so your channel number may/will be different.

IEPG_1.webp

IEPG_2.webp
 
Last edited:
When setting EPG refresh for 28.2, best to select the channel from the orbital position instead of a bouquet IMO.
 
CH4 HD ok for me using CrossEPG
 
I also read in another post to use last scanned and scroll down to 5256 IEPG data1 but my last scanned dosent have this. Any pointers would be greatly apprecated.

Thanks in adavance

In last scanned the channel may/will be in alphabetical order so scroll down to "I" to find IEPG data 1
 
CrossEPG should be bringing in Channel 4 HD EPG.

The IEPG channel on satellite is on 11778 Vertical, 27500. Scan that frequency manually. However, ABM should have found it already.

Further to yesterdays post, I manually scanned crossepg and the CH4 HD successfully loaded, but this morning after its scheduled scan at 7.00am the CH4 HD epg was gone.

I have now managed to setup epgrefresh correctly but still cant understand why crossepg if failing after I've been using it for many years.
 
Ok - if Cross did actually load C4 HD when you ran it manually and it's disappeared this morning, then you may have an issue with corruption of your epg.dat file, perhaps? Cross builds its own version of the EPG internally and then loads the epg.dat from it subsequently when it completes its run. Or it may be some internal corruption in the crossepg database. To eliminate all possibilities, it might be worth uninstalling CrossEPG plugin and deleting the /hdd/crossepg folder completely and re-installing CrossEPG. Also, clear the epg.dat file from the EPG menu and rerun Cross.
 
For those, like me, who struggled with ch4hd on sat the solution is simple:
In ABM select sky UK and NOT Freesat

That's it

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
 
For those, like me, who struggled with ch4hd on sat the solution is simple:
In ABM select sky UK and NOT Freesat

That's it

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Nope. We are talking about EPG and for some CrossEPG doesn’t pick it up whereas EPGRefresh does.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Nope. We are talking about EPG and for some CrossEPG doesn’t pick it up whereas EPGRefresh does.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, I'm aware of that.
I'm one who suffered this issue, if I had ABM set to Freesat I get the issue, if I change it to sky UK the issue is no longer present.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
 
Lucky for you. Bug still present for a lot of us using SKY FTA & CrossEPG.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Ok - if Cross did actually load C4 HD when you ran it manually and it's disappeared this morning, then you may have an issue with corruption of your epg.dat file, perhaps? Cross builds its own version of the EPG internally and then loads the epg.dat from it subsequently when it completes its run. Or it may be some internal corruption in the crossepg database. To eliminate all possibilities, it might be worth uninstalling CrossEPG plugin and deleting the /hdd/crossepg folder completely and re-installing CrossEPG. Also, clear the epg.dat file from the EPG menu and rerun Cross.

So I decided to change the data location to the hard drive instead of the usb, ran crossepg and set it to auto update in 24 hours, after the update the epg for CH4 had agin gone so dony think corruption is the problem.
 
I'm finding it troublesome that you are saying that the EPG is disappearing after 24 hours. When Cross (or any other EPG reader) runs it gathers the EPG for 7 days and populates epg.dat. So, even if you didn't run any EPG reader for several days, the EPG display on the receiver would show data up to day 7. If you are saying that something is wiping out day 2 to 7 after 24 hours, then you have some other issue.
 
I'm finding it troublesome that you are saying that the EPG is disappearing after 24 hours. When Cross (or any other EPG reader) runs it gathers the EPG for 7 days and populates epg.dat. So, even if you didn't run any EPG reader for several days, the EPG display on the receiver would show data up to day 7. If you are saying that something is wiping out day 2 to 7 after 24 hours, then you have some other issue.
My reading of the post is that ch4 data was in the .dat and when cross update ran that data was no longer there ie cross overwrote with null

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
 
That's a possibility (that Cross is overwriting with nulls), but there must be some underlying corruption either in the epg.dat file or the Cross database. It might be best to start with a clean install of Cross (after deleting /hdd/crossepg folder) and a clean epg.dat, maybe?
 
That's a possibility (that Cross is overwriting with nulls), but there must be some underlying corruption either in the epg.dat file or the Cross database. It might be best to start with a clean install of Cross (after deleting /hdd/crossepg folder) and a clean epg.dat, maybe?

I’ve done numerous clean installs, but same for me too. Got to be an underlying bug somewhere. I’ve reverted to using EPGRefresh now and everything is working fine.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I've done some experimentation with manual tuning to the IEPG transponder (same as what EPGRefresh would do) recently and with Cross and they both work well for me, so I may drop Cross when the next major release of Vix comes out. It's a bit of a headscratcher why Cross will not pull in C4HD EPG (or has some other issues) for some users, but works ok for others.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top