Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

et9000 crash recovery

brighteyes

Forum Supporter
Donated Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2012
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
92
My et9000 crashed completely last September. It went to the loading sequence and then entered a continuous loop putting a log onto the HDD and starting again. the image was so old the vix team could offer little help. I thought it was a write off. So I tried a few experiments. My wifi access was still working. I finally went to the path Root-Lib-Modules-2.6.18.7.4 and found an image, which I deleted.

I now had a STB which said 'booting' and nothing else and a blank TV. At least the loop had stopped:). I had already tried to update the loader and the image with everything I could find but had no indication that even the loader had worked except that the loop had speeded up. I pasted image 2.1 to where I had deleted the image and into Lib and Root. I also tried to flash 2.1- nothing! I then tried an old loader for et9000 - nothing! I then restarted and the STB showed et9X00. Bingo! So I tried to flash image 3.0 as advised by the VIX team- and it worked although I missed pressind the OK button several times.

Just thought it might help others with serious problems. Bye:thumbsup:
 
Last edited:

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top