Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Ultimo] External HDD Problems since upgrade

adamandvicci

New member
Joined
Jan 12, 2014
Messages
95
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Done a reflash to Apollo 25... I am suffering still with the channel jumping, but have seen reports of that already....

My main problem is I use TSPanel to run films from a 2tb buffalo External USB HDD.... I can now not get into the HDD or see it in any of the folder menu's. Its as if it is not being recognised. I have installed all drivers via the plugins and still no look.

When I plug it in it just does the Vix timing logo and this goes on for an hour without the hard drive ever being discovered by the Ultimo box. The hard drive itself fires up and works via the PC.

Please can you help?


Also films on the box are MKV, MP4, avi etc.... Is there a better media player for these? I started to get some freezing and jerking on some films... Run fine on PC again.:thumbsup:
 
Personally I think that you would be better off using Apollo 24 for the time being until they get the channel hoping problem sorted in 25 just my opinion :D
 
Part quote...
My main problem is I use TSPanel to run films from a 2tb buffalo External USB HDD
TSpanel always has issues with PLI based images. Particularly the mount feature. There is no way to uninstall it cleanly as it overwrites system files too.

You would have been better off setting network mounts and using the inbuilt media player.
 
Part quote...

TSpanel always has issues with PLI based images. Particularly the mount feature. There is no way to uninstall it cleanly as it overwrites system files too.

You would have been better off setting network mounts and using the inbuilt media player.


Not a clue how to do any of that... Worked fine before... Am I missing something?:confused:
 
Personally I think that you would be better off using Apollo 24 for the time being until they get the channel hoping problem sorted in 25 just my opinion :D
I agree. Works fine in Duo2, but problems with Ultimo. NAS-drives as cifs-mount didn`t work. Finally box jammed.
 
Personally I think that you would be better off using Apollo 24 for the time being until they get the channel hoping problem sorted in 25 just my opinion :D


Sorted the channel hopping with that new file on the main thread. Really need to get this hard drive problem sorted though. Surely there must be support on a newer image? It was fine on the old one
 
You will continue to have mount issues as long as you have TSPanel installed.
A reflash is your best bet.
 
You will continue to have mount issues as long as you have TSPanel installed.
A reflash is your best bet.
There are mount problems in Ultimo with 025 Apollo also without TSPanel. Could be something in samba.
 
There are mount problems in Ultimo with 025 Apollo also without TSPanel. Could be something in samba.


What is samba and how do I correct this?

Shall I remove TS PANEL then? Always used that to run the movies... never had a problem previously
 
Last edited:
TSpanel has always been a issue with Pli and OE-A based images as it messes up mount points, simply uninstalling it will not do as it overwrites system files during it's install. The only sure fire way to get that rubbish off the receiver is to fresh flash and not install it again. TSmedia on the other hand seems fine although they are by the same authors.
 
TSpanel has always been a issue with Pli and OE-A based images as it messes up mount points, simply uninstalling it will not do as it overwrites system files during it's install. The only sure fire way to get that rubbish off the receiver is to fresh flash and not install it again. TSmedia on the other hand seems fine although they are by the same authors.

Fab stuff...... My wife will kill me :-)

Any reason why it would have worked fine previously?

Also what is Samba?
 
Samba is a network protocol used to communicate with windows computers, by default the ViX image does not have it installed, but you can install it by clicking on the samba header in the network section of the image and select yes when asked if you wish to install. as for TSpanel, no idea it's a horrendous piece of software that causes more issues than it could ever claim to fix and has no role in my setup.
 
Samba is a network protocol used to communicate with windows computers, by default the ViX image does not have it installed, but you can install it by clicking on the samba header in the network section of the image and select yes when asked if you wish to install. as for TSpanel, no idea it's a horrendous piece of software that causes more issues than it could ever claim to fix and has no role in my setup.

OK Will reflash and redo samba. Thanks for all your help
 
OK Will reflash and redo samba. Thanks for all your help
Sorry adamandvicci, I didn`t read your first message propebly. It was usb-drive you wanted to use-not network drive. USB drive is normally mounted as /media/usb. If it`s not correct, just go to bluebutton/VIX/Mount Manager and fix it with green button. And please stop using those stupid Tunisian-Plugins.
 
Last edited:
Apologies, I just always did it that way... Still wont work, reflashed etc... still just see vix spinning and have to power off and restart. Wont record onto its built in hard drive or anything once USB plugged in and remote doesnt work. Driving me mental now as all my childs films are on the USB drive
 
Sorry to bump this but I am still lost and need someone to help me please:o
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top