Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ViX_Misc] ExtraInstalledPlugins not working

Willo3092

ViX Beta Tester
Joined
Oct 1, 2016
Messages
1,235
Reaction score
25
Points
48
Location
East Midlands
What type of support thread are you creating?
Support question
What OpenViX Image build number are you using?
6.8.009 release
Have you tried re-flashing WITHOUT settings restore?
YES
Have you tried re-flashing WITH a settings restore?
YES
Has something changed with the process for restoring backups?
I have my own skincomponents plugin that is hosted on my own server and it won't install on a clean flash.
It's in the ExtraInstalledPlugins list in /tmp on the backup file and the feed is installed.
 
Has something changed with the process for restoring backups?
I have my own skincomponents plugin that is hosted on my own server and it won't install on a clean flash.
It's in the ExtraInstalledPlugins list in /tmp on the backup file and the feed is installed.
Restore hasn,t changed for some time and I restore a plugin from a user IPK file on my HDD and works for me.
so is this following flashing a new image or restore settibgs backup once running? Although code should be identical in both restores.

So if restore from image flash, ether your server is not mounted at that time or the plugin is failing to install because of some pre req.
Easiest way of seeing is to telnet into box when you get the restore message and then to stop the setting restore wizard (init 4), enter Enigma2 and watch the log to see what happens.
Or do a plugin restore once runnung and see whats in the debug log.
 
It's restoring a backup to a clean image during the wizard process on booting.
The wizard detects a backup present and asks if you want to restore settings, then plugins.
All other plugins on the server install okay. Just the skincomponents one that won't.
It's a web server, not local NAS.

It's a plugin that I compiled with IPK Creator and I've used it for years, with the odd update, without any issues.
I've attached the extracted control and debian-binary files.
 

Attachments

Sorry for the delay, yes it's in the packages list:

Package: enigma2-plugin-skincomponents-willobuild-shared-components
Version: 3092
Section: skincomponents
Architecture: all
MD5Sum: c06d9df2fd850938d58490451a9633c1
Size: 2820722
Filename: enigma2-plugin-skincomponents-willobuild-shared-components_3092_all.ipk
Description: shared components and mods for willobuild skins
Maintainer: Willo3092
Priority: optional
Source:
Homepage:

If I try to install from putty:

root@ax61:~# opkg install enigma2-plugin-skincomponents-willobuild-shared-components
No packages installed or removed.

A few weeks ago I uninstalled Sun Java and installed Oracle Java. Could this be the cause?
I think it's a Java development install but just seen that JRE is required for building plugins. Is it the same thing?
 
Sorry for the delay, yes it's in the packages list:

Package: enigma2-plugin-skincomponents-willobuild-shared-components
Version: 3092
Section: skincomponents
Architecture: all
MD5Sum: c06d9df2fd850938d58490451a9633c1
Size: 2820722
Filename: enigma2-plugin-skincomponents-willobuild-shared-components_3092_all.ipk
Description: shared components and mods for willobuild skins
Maintainer: Willo3092
Priority: optional
Source:
Homepage:

If I try to install from putty:

root@ax61:~# opkg install enigma2-plugin-skincomponents-willobuild-shared-components
No packages installed or removed.

A few weeks ago I uninstalled Sun Java and installed Oracle Java. Could this be the cause?
I think it's a Java development install but just seen that JRE is required for building plugins. Is it the same thing?
Remember if it works leave alone!
Nothing to my knowledge has changed in OpenViX in that area.
Although Oracle own Sun I would have used the original free package - its many decades since I worked with either company, but at least Sun understood Unix.
 
I've uninstalled Java and reinstalled it, rebuilt the plugin and updated the feeds on the server and all now seems to be working.
I must have made a balls of it somewhere along the way :unsure:.
Thanks for the advice guys (y).
 
A few weeks ago I uninstalled Sun Java and installed Oracle Java. Could this be the cause?
Seems unlikely,. The control file for the package doesn't mention any dependencies (is it really totally stand-alone?) so isn't going to be affected by the presence/absence of any other package.
 
Does
Code:
opkg list
show it as being available?

What does
Code:
opkg -V3 install enigma2-plugin-skincomponents-willobuild-shared-components
shiow?
 
It seems to be okay now.
This is the putty output:
I bit excessive to put the verbose output there(?), as it shows that enigma2-plugin-skincomponents-willobuild-shared-components is not on the list anyway.

pkg enigma2-plugin-skins-willobuild-sky-q​
pkg enigma2-plugin-extensions-willobuild-piconupdater​
enigma2-plugin-skins-willobuild-onyx​
enigma2-plugin-extensions-willobuild-bouquet-manager​
enigma2-plugin-extensions-willobuild-pluginhider​
enigma2-plugin-extensions-willobuild-updater​

are, but no sign of the shared-components.
So no surprise it isn't being installed.
 
If it is a depends listed in packages it will install automatically.
 
enigma2-plugin-skincomponents-willobuild-shared-components is required by another package, maybe a skin. In the control file of the skin.ipk the shared-components must be listed as a depends, and the same in the Packages file of the feeds.
 
So I have to add it as a dependency in the skin file?
Well, I suspect that multiple packages must be dependent on it, given that it has "common" in its name.

But the fact that "opkg list" doesn't list it implies that it isn't there to be installed anyway.
I'd concentrate on that part first.
 
If "opkg list" doesn't list it, it will be missing from the Packages file.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top