This is the code you want. https://github.com/OpenViX/enigma2/...ac/lib/python/Screens/InfoBarGenerics.py#L914
I've reduced it to 3000 on my local copy :-D
I've reduced it to 3000 on my local copy :-D
Given that earlier in this thread is was pointed out that Old People tend to enter numbers slowly, I'd be more inclined to remove the timer completely and insist on the OK button being pressed.can we make it configurable?
Given that earlier in this thread is was pointed out that Old People tend to enter numbers slowly, I'd be more inclined to remove the timer completely and insist on the OK button being pressed.
That would at least provide a consistent interface. Enter the number you want - press OK to go there.

I'd guess that 3 seconds is a better default for the masses.In live view wait this many seconds after a numeric key press before assuming
the required channel number has been entered. Default: 5 seconds. Setting
zero will require confirmation with 'OK'.
So, perhaps...
Setup | User interface | Channel selection >
After 'Zap mode'...
Zap key delay for channel number input

If we're talking about the default, I'm suggesting lowering it because there will be a shed load of people who don't know about the OK shortcut, and just wait.But the number input then OK key already works....!?!
So the config options in the menu would be
Wait for OK
then
1s
2s
3s
...
up to perhaps 30s maximum
The default will continue to be 5s as everyone else seems happy with it.
You'd continue to be able to press OK to shortcut the delay
https://github.com/OpenViX/enigma2/pull/454