Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Solo] Feature request: channel input

Easily enough, but is that desirable given the previous comments about there being too many options already?
 
can we make it configurable?
Given that earlier in this thread is was pointed out that Old People tend to enter numbers slowly, I'd be more inclined to remove the timer completely and insist on the OK button being pressed.
That would at least provide a consistent interface. Enter the number you want - press OK to go there.
 
Given that earlier in this thread is was pointed out that Old People tend to enter numbers slowly, I'd be more inclined to remove the timer completely and insist on the OK button being pressed.
That would at least provide a consistent interface. Enter the number you want - press OK to go there.

That isn’t an option imo, you need to cater for different peeps. Removing the timer altogether will just piss up peoples backs.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I can't say I'm terribly inclined to be adding a config option without at least some discussion over which menu it would live in, wording for the menu option.
 
birdman's OK-required would work well here. Live viewing is rare and we've learnt to expect the numeric keys to 'jump', not change channel so we've ended up losing the timeshift buffer a few times -- the very thing we're interested in, usually to settle a critical who-said-what-when 'argument' ;)

I can see that the consistent/user-in-control forced-OK would get people's backs up though ;) (afaik, most/all modern TVs use a timer).

So, perhaps...

Setup | User interface | Channel selection >

After 'Zap mode'...

Zap key delay for channel number input

In live view wait this many seconds after a numeric key press before assuming
the required channel number has been entered. Default: 5 seconds. Setting
zero will require confirmation with 'OK'.
I'd guess that 3 seconds is a better default for the masses.
 
But the number input then OK key already works....!?!
If we're talking about the default, I'm suggesting lowering it because there will be a shed load of people who don't know about the OK shortcut, and just wait.
 
Yeah I know, was just referring to the OK button question. I’ve always pressed OK after number inputs, but I guess what is common knowledge to me isn’t always the case with others. [emoji1787]


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
So the config options in the menu would be
Wait for OK
then
1s
2s
3s
...
up to perhaps 30s maximum

The default will continue to be 5s as everyone else seems happy with it.

You'd continue to be able to press OK to shortcut the delay
 
So the config options in the menu would be
Wait for OK
then
1s
2s
3s
...
up to perhaps 30s maximum

The default will continue to be 5s as everyone else seems happy with it.

You'd continue to be able to press OK to shortcut the delay

Sounds good to me. [emoji4]


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I've done the coding.
It works.
Apart from the menu setting deciding to have ~6 leading 0s, so I'll get that fixed.

I've added it before the Zap mode entry, as that doesn't show up on all systems.

And I set the max to 20s.

EDIT: PR created
Code:
https://github.com/OpenViX/enigma2/pull/454
 
Last edited:

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top