Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Solo2] First Crash on 027

Online update = Menu > Setup > Software Update

I shall use that from now on. Previous post to be updated.

Whether you install image by USB or Image Manager, it is still a fresh box as everything on flash memory is changed. Only technicality is the splash file which is on a separate partition anyway.
 
Last edited:
Another box lock up and then crash. Back to 026.
 
Another box lock up and then crash. Back to 026.

I'm running four boxes which have gone from 026 > 027 > 028 without issues.

1) What exact plugins have you installed?
2) What exact skin?
3) Have you tried a complete fresh flash of 028 with NO settings or plugins restores?
 
I'm running four boxes which have gone from 026 > 027 > 028 without issues.

1) What exact plugins have you installed?
2) What exact skin?
3) Have you tried a complete fresh flash of 028 with NO settings or plugins restores?

1) No plugins
2) 1080 Confluence
3) No
 
Appears to be the Confluence skin... tried to select on completely fresh flash and it just loops on the splash screen on ANY build.
 
Since the box needs to be reflashed when the GUI restart hangs, and having to restart the box via power off/on (nothing else works) there are no logs.

To be clear, by fresh box I mean I reinitialise the HDD as well as USB flashing 026/028 - either does the same. Apart from setting up the usual initial compulsory settings, the skin is the FIRST thing I tried before ABM and Cross EPG and any other settings. The Confluence skin used to work just fine, but seems to be "sub-optimal" now.
 
Last edited:
It's very unclear what you are doing.

1) Fresh flash build 4.2.028.
2) Complete wizard.
3) Install skin from feeds.
4) Reboot, hold down power button on remote and select restart.

Any crash after doing exactly as above? If so provide crash log please.
 
Confluence seems fine here on my duo 2

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
 
To be clear, by fresh box I mean I reinitialise the HDD as well as USB flashing 026/028
There is absolutely no point in touching your media. It only costs time, and deletes all recordings and otherwise.


BTW: I don't understand how you re-initialised the media; if I understood you correctly the box is in a boot-loop.
 
There is absolutely no point in touching your media. It only costs time, and deletes all recordings and otherwise.


BTW: I don't understand how you re-initialised the media; if I understood you correctly the box is in a boot-loop.

In an attempt to resolve the instability of 028 and the apparent issue when I try and download the Confluence skin and select it, I decided to go back to a virgin box. To do this thoroughly, I re-initialised the HDD and USB flashed with NO restores whatsoever. I have NO plugins at all.

Whether I'm on FRESH 026 or FRESH 028, and BEFORE I change ANY settings apart from the very initial ones, Confluence downloads fine, is available in the Skin selector and once selected, the box does its usual GUI restart. Except it just ends up in an infinite loop on the "country lane" screen with the spinner (the Confluence spinner, not the VIX spinner) forever. The only way to get out of this is to power off and on at the rocker switch. Even then, the box only boots up as far as the "Country lane" screen in exactly the same way as when restarting the GUI. In other words, the box is useless until I USB flash the image again. Hope that is clearer?

Again, for removal of doubt, this is a 4 week old box from WoS. As I stated in the OP, for me 026 is rock solid, but not 027/028 - apart from the fact that Confluence now locks the box up, which it didn't used to. Bizarre?

I have my recordings backed up via ftp, so that's not an issue for me...!
 
Last edited:
I suppose another question (I'm used to Android and the ability to clear cache, data partitions and so on via Recovery), I'm assuming that having clean flashed and wiped the HDD (perhaps unnecessarily) is there something left behind (possibly corrupted) in non-volatile memory that a clean flash doesn't wipe/overwrite? What exactly does Factory Reset do? Is there a deeper wipe possible? Something is causing problems that flashing isn't fixing.
 
I suppose another question (I'm used to Android and the ability to clear cache, data partitions and so on via Recovery), I'm assuming that having clean flashed and wiped the HDD (perhaps unnecessarily) is there something left behind (possibly corrupted) in non-volatile memory that a clean flash doesn't wipe/overwrite? What exactly does Factory Reset do? Is there a deeper wipe possible? Something is causing problems that flashing isn't fixing.
Going by an earlier statement of yours:
Code:
 I re-initialised the HDD and USB flashed with NO restores whatsoever. I have NO plugins at all.
Then there is nothing else that can be done. That is a complete wipe of all data. BTW, re-initialising the HDD/USB isn't required as all the image does format HDD/USB and create a shortcut to HDD/USB (aka mount HDD/USB).

If this is on your Solo2 using Vix 028 with no restore of settings or plugins and no plugins installed at all except downloading confluence skin then I'll try this bit later and report back...
 
Going by an earlier statement of yours:
Code:
 I re-initialised the HDD and USB flashed with NO restores whatsoever. I have NO plugins at all.
Then there is nothing else that can be done. That is a complete wipe of all data. BTW, re-initialising the HDD/USB isn't required as all the image does format HDD/USB and create a shortcut to HDD/USB (aka mount HDD/USB).

If this is on your Solo2 using Vix 028 with no restore of settings or plugins and no plugins installed at all except downloading confluence skin then I'll try this bit later and report back...

Appreciate it. The main reason for the HDD "initialisation" is the remnants of the skins are there - which MAY have caused problems. Or not. Anyway, belts and braces... all avenues open.
 
I suppose another question (I'm used to Android and the ability to clear cache, data partitions and so on via Recovery), I'm assuming that having clean flashed and wiped the HDD (perhaps unnecessarily) is there something left behind (possibly corrupted) in non-volatile memory that a clean flash doesn't wipe/overwrite? What exactly does Factory Reset do? Is there a deeper wipe possible? Something is causing problems that flashing isn't fixing.
Nope; flashing the box overwrites the flash memory completely.
 
@LanceH,

This is what I did. I USB flashed Vix 028 on my Solo2 with no restore of any settings and accepting initial default installation options (except for choosing 1080 and 50hz). Didn't make any other changes to setup and from plugins > skins I selected openvix-vixbmc-1080-confluence skin which downloaded it. I went into User Interface menu option within menu and selected this skin. The image restarted GUI and started fine - no problems. I then did a full restart of image and it started fine also - no problems.

Is this what you did?
 
Exactly that... on 026 and 028. Apart from going through the setup (language etc.) I'm wondering if I've selected the wrong skin? Are there 2 versions? I can't try it at the moment as it's recording some talent show effort...
 
Last edited:
Can you fresh flash 028, do your setup bit and then install the Confluence skin and restart GUI. If this results in the country side looping, can you issue the following using Putty please?

init 4 && opkg update && opkg upgrade && init 6


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Shall try that in the morning... thanks. Telnet or SSH?
 
Last edited:

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top