Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ABM-DVB-S/S2] Freesat - Wrong local BBC HD channel

Freesat region data looks fine, see my regions data here

I just regressed the ABM code back 6 months to the add CI workflow using Github Actions commit and Freeset seems to be working ok with local bbc one hd at 101 every time. Bug must have been iintroduced between that commit and now. As far as i remember all my later commits were just white space cleanups.
 
Ok thanks for that so if I update the provider files again, it will be the correct tv area for BBC1?
 
On the Public/Release image, problem started on 6.4 008. As Avalon mentioned, 6.4 007 is fine. So somebody bothered by this can flash that image for now.

Developer image 6.4 008.001 (Sep 20) is fine.
Developer image 6.4 008.002 (Sep 22) has the problem.

The dvbreader's last change was on 19/09/2023, so this is most likely a python issue.

Maybe this commit based on the last sentence:
Code:
[providers/dvbscanner] make region descriptor tag a list
This will allow creating a channel list from multiple descriptors, e.g. HD and SD lists combined.

If there are multiple channels competing for the same LCN the one in descriptor[0] will win.
 
Last edited:
Just for information, I have now flashed my receiver with the 6.4.003 image, and then did a restore of a 6.4.003 backup I made last month.
Hopefully that has fixed the problem I have been having.

Thanks to all for the time and information given.
 
There is a bug which makes this hit and miss. As I said, please use the regional bouquet until we fix it.

region_id has been changed to a list but is not tested as a list in some conditional statements, this patch should fix it.

Code:
index 271c684..65ffe68 100644
--- a/AutoBouquetsMaker/src/scanner/dvbscanner.py
+++ b/AutoBouquetsMaker/src/scanner/dvbscanner.py
@@ -1212,7 +1212,7 @@ class DvbScanner():
 			key = "%x:%x:%x" % (service["transport_stream_id"], service["original_network_id"], service["service_id"])
 			if key in tmp_services_dict:
 				tmp_services_dict[key]["numbers"].append(service["number"])
-				if service["region_id"] == region_id:
+				if service["region_id"] == region_id[0]:
 					tmp_services_dict[key]["region_id"] = service["region_id"]  # Overwrite the region if this is not the generic region. Makes the table order irrelevant.
 			else:
 				service["numbers"] = [service["number"]]
@@ -1251,7 +1251,7 @@ class DvbScanner():
 		for key in tmp_services_dict:
 			if tmp_double_numbers and len(tmp_services_dict[key]["numbers"]) > 1:
 				for n in tmp_services_dict[key]["numbers"]:
-					if n in tmp_double_numbers and tmp_services_dict[key]["region_id"] != region_id:  # only delete duplicate if this is not the user defined region.
+					if n in tmp_double_numbers and tmp_services_dict[key]["region_id"] != region_id[0]:  # only delete duplicate if this is not the user defined region.
 						print("[ABM-DvbScanner] Deleted double LCN: %d" % (tmp_services_dict[key]["numbers"][0]), file=log)
 						tmp_services_dict[key]["numbers"].remove(n)
 						tmp_double_numbers.remove(n)
 
For about a week or so now, the guide or tv listing shows BBC1 London and local new as BBC London.
I am in West Yorkshire and have BBC Yorkshire TV in ABM Providers.

I have tried a reboot of my receiver which worked once, ie restored to correct TV area, then I restored a previous. old, backup, which again worked.
Every time I switch on the receiver, the TV area has changed back to BBC London, and we can't watch our local news.

What has caused this to happen and how do I fix it permanently.

Thanks
I have fixed this. It won't be available until 6.4.011. If you want get the fix just download dvbscanner.py from the repo and send to your box.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top