Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[MB Premium Twin HD] Front panel icons

My two cents worth,

There is another manufacturer who had similar issues with their device, viz. Record, timeshift, HD, AC3 indicators staying on and behaving in an expected manner. We could argue that the image knew it is not on an HD channel, it is not timeshifting, it is not recording, so the image has to switch the light off.

Nothing got changed in the image, but the manufacturer made the required corrections to their drivers and all is well.
 
The code must of been hacked to put the on and off for the display setting in vix as looking at pli code they don't have a display on or off in there setting. But now need to know which pyo file is controling this so can see whats going on.
 
Writing 3 to the symbol_circle will switch the record icon on. wirting 0 to the symbol_circle will switch it off. this has to be done within Vix. so I cannot see how this is a driver error as it works when I do it manually. the code could be entered into the recordtimer.py getrecordevent as a if it exists proc/...../Led write 3 to symbol_circle. and another entered into endrecord if it exists proc/...../Led write 0 to symbol_circle.
 
That was my point. It's the image which knows when recording is taking place, so it's code in the image that turns the icons on and off. Nothing to do with drivers.
Mind you, a quick test on my MB Twin shows that the only symbol_* file which has any effect is symbol_circle . And show_symbols also has to be non-zero. Perhaps this is "non-standard"?
[Also, the led intensity is off if < 25 and on if >= 25 - no variation]
But on an MB Twin it gets turned back on if you go into Standby and then come out of it...

Does anyone know whether there are any user-accessible hooks (scripts?) called when recording timers stop and start?

@birdman - when I turn off the front panel recording icon in the setup the setting survives a deep standby. While the box is booting the rotating sysmbol is show, but as soon as it is fully booted and the tuner is active the icon disappears.
 
@birdman - when I turn off the front panel recording icon in the setup the setting survives a deep standby. While the box is booting the rotating sysmbol is show, but as soon as it is fully booted and the tuner is active the icon disappears.
True.
But I said Standby, not Deep Standby (which is, essentially, Shutdown - only the FP is awake).
I have it set to "off", and it is off (after a few moments) after boot. But if the system goes into Standby then the recording symbol comes back on when it comes out of Standby.
 
Writing 3 to the symbol_circle will switch the record icon on. wirting 0 to the symbol_circle will switch it off. this has to be done within Vix. so I cannot see how this is a driver error as it works when I do it manually. the code could be entered into the recordtimer.py getrecordevent as a if it exists proc/...../Led write 3 to symbol_circle. and another entered into endrecord if it exists proc/...../Led write 0 to symbol_circle.


Ideally the icon would only be on if a timed recording was in progress and not,say, when the box was time shifting or the disk was being used to store EPG etc. It could be made to flash when multiple recordings were in progress.
 
I would actually argue for the icon to be shown in timeshift mode also as it gives an indication that the disk is in use. Or maybe configurable for timeshift and recording? :) I think it only rotates, or it's off, no flashing option?

This all assumes that someone will take on the coding task, of course :sofahide:
 
There is a random setting which is symbol_circle number 4 which sort of flashes. but I will have a look at the code soon bit business this week, i was hoping for a little support from vix team on which pyo files to place an event trigger in, but if thats not to be then I will uncompile the lot which is easy enough just take bit more time to find the best place to put the trigger code in.

been installing a technomate namo 3T today and these boxes are not display record icons either same problem????.
 
Last edited:
I would actually argue for the icon to be shown in timeshift mode also as it gives an indication that the disk is in use.
I'd argue against that. If you follow that to it's logical conclusion you'd also display it when you are viewing a recording. But in both of these cases you shoudl know that the disk is in use as you have activated the function which is using it.
The thing about a recording is that it is (usually) a background task, which you may not know about (yes a message pops up at the start but you might have missed that - you certainly would in Standby mode...)
 
There is a random setting which is symbol_circle number 4 which sort of flashes. but I will have a look at the code soon bit business this week, i was hoping for a little support from vix team on which pyo files to place an event trigger in, but if thats not to be then I will uncompile the lot which is easy enough just take bit more time to find the best place to put the trigger code in.
I was going to look through the timer code too. You'll also need to know what happens when two recordings stop at the same time. Are the stops processed serially or in parallel? Given that the timers.xml file has to be updated there must be something in the code to handle any concurrency already.
 
You'll also need to know what happens when two recordings stop at the same time.

Don't forget that the box can record 6, or more, programs at the _same_ time and they could all stop together.

And there is also the scrolling text screen "rec1 = xxxxxx rec2 = yyyyy rec3 = zzzz rec4.........." :):)
 
I'd argue against that. If you follow that to it's logical conclusion you'd also display it when you are viewing a recording. But in both of these cases you shoudl know that the disk is in use as you have activated the function which is using it.
The thing about a recording is that it is (usually) a background task, which you may not know about (yes a message pops up at the start but you might have missed that - you certainly would in Standby mode...)

heh - you're even more pedantic then I am, birdman :) I meant disk recording activity, not playback! It's all too easy to put the box into timeshift mode and forget that it's happening. My other half often hits pause on the remote (instead of mute) to answer a phone call even if she's not particularly watching a programme. Later on, she puts the tv and box into standby, ignoring the message about exiting timeshift.
 
heh - you're even more pedantic then I am, birdman :)
Juts wait till I really get going then..
It's all too easy to put the box into timeshift mode and forget that it's happening.
And I'd forgotten that it isn't left running by default (on my previous PVR you could set it to always have a buffer of the current channel running - not that I ever used this, as it kept the disk spinning).
My other half often hits pause on the remote (instead of mute) to answer a phone call even if she's not particularly watching a programme. Later on, she puts the tv and box into standby, ignoring the message about exiting timeshift.
I have an advantage, then, as mine hasn't found the remote yet, and would reckon that it has too many buttons to be useful - she really wants one with just one button that does whatever she wants at the time she presses it.
 
Been working on the files and reprogrammed to get the front panel working.

update got the panel to work with up to 7 records using 2 display setting.
setting 1 which is the recording just 1 program. setting 2 for 2 or more recording at the same time.

just need to program the off's now then done.
 
All done and programmed and compiled working great just how the box should do. going to test the box works on wakeup to record function. if all ok.I will try and get a zip file on here next couple of days.
 
Last edited:

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top