Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

ftp hangs after transfering first file

  • Thread starter Thread starter has786
  • Start date Start date
H

has786

Guest
Hi guys,

I'm experiencing a problem with the ftp feature, everytime I transfer files via ftp, the transfer hangs after the first file and DCC (dreambox control centre hangs). I have used filezilla and the result is the time. The pcs im using run windows 7 and vista and I have never had a problem in transfering files. My network setup has a Virgin Media superhub in modem mode attached to DDwrt router to an unmanaged switch which the receiver (running openvix 632) connects to. What puzzles me is that with this setup I can transfer files anywhere internally or externally but just hangs when I transfer to the receiver. Is something wrong with my receiver or can we configure VSftpd server accordingly?
 
I suggest you reboot your network ie router and super hub then try again if it still does not work re flash with the latest stable image which i believe is 649 also you don't say which receiver you have
 
I suggest you reboot your network ie router and super hub then try again if it still does not work re flash with the latest stable image which i believe is 649 also you don't say which receiver you have

Rebooting the network did not resolve anything, I will try to reflash the image (latest build now is 658). The receiver which I have is a tm2toe, I thought I did not needed to mention it as I post it on the relevant section.
 
guys tried flashing new image, and rebooting the network but still does not improve in anyway.
Any other thoughts on this
 
just tried ftprush managed to transfer more files but kept timing out and skipped quite few files too. It seems wanting to connect on passive mode only. I have made sure the router has the default port forward for ftp and im using the default port on the various ftp clients i use however i dont know if i need to configure vsftpd server for default port or is this already done by default on all vix images
 
No need to touch anything on your ViX receiver.
Also, no neeed to do any port forwarding if you are ftp'ing on a local network.
 
No need to touch anything on your ViX receiver.
Also, no neeed to do any port forwarding if you are ftp'ing on a local network.

is it possible to remove vsftpd server and install proftpd so i can try if there is any difference.
 
is it possible to remove vsftpd server and install proftpd so i can try if there is any difference.

I wouldn't, i'd sort out your network issues first.
 
judge i dont have an issue ftping to any other pc or machine is just this tm2toe receiver so is it worth giving proftpd a try and is this possible?
 
have you filled the flash by any chance?
 
you could be on to something there judge, since he has no issues connecting does not sound like a network issue, the file skipping on ftprush could suggest no space available or a file already exists.

what files exactly are you trying to transfer?
 
Last edited:
you could be on to something there judge, since he has no issues connecting does not sound like a network issue, the file skipping on ftprush could suggest no space available or a file already exists.

what files exactly are you trying to transfer?
it's unlikely as the TM2T as lots of flash to play with, but still a possibility.
 
Now i'm lost what to you mean by "filled the flash"?

filled the flash memory availible on the box.
Unlikely but by installing too many plugins, corrupt epg saved on flash and so on, could cause this issue.
Can you telnet in & issue df -h, post the resuts here so we can rule that out.
 
filled the flash memory availible on the box.
Unlikely but by installing too many plugins, corrupt epg saved on flash and so on, could cause this issue.
Can you telnet in & issue df -h, post the resuts here so we can rule that out.

As far as I'm aware there should be plenty memory still available. Here is the result for df-h.

Filesystem Size Used Available Use% Mounted on
ubi0:rootfs 456.8M 63.7M 393.2M 14% /
devtmpfs 67.1M 4.0K 67.1M 0% /dev
tmpfs 64.0K 0 64.0K 0% /media
tmpfs 67.2M 268.0K 66.9M 0% /var/volatile
 
As far as I'm aware there should be plenty memory still available. Here is the result for df-h.

Filesystem Size Used Available Use% Mounted on
ubi0:rootfs 456.8M 63.7M 393.2M 14% /
devtmpfs 67.1M 4.0K 67.1M 0% /dev
tmpfs 64.0K 0 64.0K 0% /media
tmpfs 67.2M 268.0K 66.9M 0% /var/volatile

hi guys still have this issue of files getting stuck. any help on his would be really appreciated.
 
hi guys still have this issue of files getting stuck. any help on his would be really appreciated.

Hi guys.

Is there anyone who could shed some light to the issue im experiencing. I'm lost as to why this is happening.
 
When you reflashed your image, did you restore settings? If so, try again without restoring.
 
I think id just bite the bullet and do a full reflash without restoring any settings or backups just to be sure.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top