Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

GB QUAD GBLAN USB Adaptor now available.

I emailed and didn't even get a reply :( is I coz it coz i am irish :confused:
 
i didnt get a reply either, maybe others can confirm if they actually got a reply email to the initial request for the adpater.
 
I got a reply to say one being sent out but box UPS tracking though. I sent the email 2 days ago.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 4
 
Mine just arrived. At work for a few more hours so when I get home I'll take some piccys and make a report :)
 
Pictures :)

1.JPG


2.JPG


3.JPG


4.JPG


5.JPG
 
Mine arrived this morning, impressed with their response on this.:thumbup:

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 4
 
Mine arrived this morning, impressed with their response on this.:thumbup:

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 4

I would be more impressed if it worked :D
VIX doesn't seem to detect mine (pretty sure a driver issue)
On my PC it gets detected as a "LAN7500"
Here a screenshot of its performance (500mb test file)

6.webp

The little book that comes with shows it working on OpenMips.
I "think" we need "smsc7500.ko" ?

I have Linux stuff here (that I don't quite understand :p ) if someone wants a go at a driver?

Code:
http://martysport.free.fr/gblan/lan7500_1.02.00.tar.gz
 
Last edited:
there have been a few commits to include usb lan adpaters for the image
is that driver not in the feeds?
 
I've got mine, here in Italy, this morning.
I didn't try to install it yet, but i've seen in changelog of 715 version of the Vix image that it was mentioned the Gigablue Usb ethernet adapter...

Don't it work straight if I connect it? What must do to make it work?
 
I've got mine, here in Italy, this morning.
I didn't try to install it yet, but i've seen in changelog of 715 version of the Vix image that it was mentioned the Gigablue Usb ethernet adapter...

Don't it work straight if I connect it? What must do to make it work?

Try 715 (I only just had time to update mine a few mins ago) if it doesn't work then simply telnet your quad this opkg install kernel-module-smsc75xx
Don't forget to reboot ;)
 
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm :confused:
I wasn't too happy with the results from Lan Speed Test Lite so I tried a "real life" situation and tried copying some files to and from the Quad to my PC.
Results were better than that reported by lan speed test :D

Upload (PC to Quad) was a good 20 MB/s (that's megabytes not megebits)
Download (Quad to PC) was a bit better again at 28ish MB/s sometimes peaking at 30MB/s

uploadspeed.webpdownloadspeed.webp

So, write speed is nearly double fast Ethernet (100mbps) and read speed is nearly triple :)
As suspected far from gigabit :p but better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick :p

Speeds are a bit higher on a PC, maybe things might improve in the future with better drivers?
 
Last edited:

Similar threads

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top