Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

GB QUAD GBLAN USB Adaptor now available.

Gosh - same speed as the other LAN7500 adapters without Gigablue written on them :-D

Just a reminder that in my tests the usb3 ASIX chipset was a tad faster and didn't try to act as a third radiator for my lounge.

However free is good
 
hi
if you haven't sorted it out already
goto plugins
press green button / download plugins
second down drivers
network-usb-rt75xx
restaert box and you will have another network in network setting

I would be more impressed if it worked :D
VIX doesn't seem to detect mine (pretty sure a driver issue)
On my PC it gets detected as a "LAN7500"
Here a screenshot of its performance (500mb test file)

View attachment 27846

The little book that comes with shows it working on OpenMips.
I "think" we need "smsc7500.ko" ?

I have Linux stuff here (that I don't quite understand :p ) if someone wants a go at a driver?

Code:
http://martysport.free.fr/gblan/lan7500_1.02.00.tar.gz
 
Are the speeds with the usb adaptor showing up much better than 100mb onboard or are they near normal onboard gigabit.


Gosh - same speed as the other LAN7500 adapters without Gigablue written on them :-D

Just a reminder that in my tests the usb3 ASIX chipset was a tad faster and didn't try to act as a third radiator for my lounge.

However free is good
 
As my serial number is not included in the numbers that are promoted to receive a free adapter i was looking for some cheap solution, i've found on aliexpress a product that are very similar with the adapter that gigablue is sending, even the box is the same. I will buy one to test.
 
As my serial number is not included in the numbers that are promoted to receive a free adapter i was looking for some cheap solution, i've found on aliexpress a product that are very similar with the adapter that gigablue is sending, even the box is the same. I will buy one to test.

You don't need to test anything or buy from exotic sellers. I bought two different adapters and published the result on this board months ago.

There are three common chipsets:

SMSC LAN7500 (USB2)
ASIX AX88178 (USB2)
ASIX AX88179 (USB3)

In general the read speeds are good for all at 30-33 mB/s (280 mbit/s), whereas only the ASIX88179 offered similarly consistently high write speeds. The LAN7500 chipset was about 20% slower when writing and got very hot in use.

These read speeds equate to ~ 3x the built-in port speed and about 40% of the speed of 'proper' gigabit.

Gigablue are giving away units based on SMSC LAN7500.

An equivalent LAN7500 device would be the Digitus Dn10150 device, an example of an AX88179 device would be the Digitus DN3023 device. I bought one of each of these for £15 each from amazon.

I hope that is comprehensive
 
One rider I will add is that the latest VIX 715 build doesn't seem to work with the ASIX AX88179 driver plugin.

[Edit] Actually ignore the above. It is working fine :)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
As my serial number is not included in the numbers that are promoted to receive a free adapter i was looking for some cheap solution, i've found on aliexpress a product that are very similar with the adapter that gigablue is sending, even the box is the same. I will buy one to test.

Mine was't either but an email and adapter is here. Though I was surprised as bought box when it first came out so expected it yo be 108 and not 109 as it is.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 4
 
I sent my email on 1/8 to the email on the first page and I have still not heard anything or received anything. Should I have registered somewhere else??
 
I sent my email on 1/8 to the email on the first page and I have still not heard anything or received anything. Should I have registered somewhere else??

Hi,
I was the same - mailed about two weeks ago, sent a follow up last week, but heard nothing at all between then and this morning. Received mail at 9am today stating despatch happened today - tracking number included.

No harm I suppose in a friendly follow up mail but I'd say you are on the list.


Tapatalker
 
same here, sent an email a week ago and still no news.

to be sure, this is the right address I hope :
[email protected]


Sent from my V972 Core4 using Tapatalk HD
 
Thats the right address, give it time they probably have a of requests, no harm in remailing them again.
 
same here, sent 2 emails, first one a month ago, no reply at all.

Are they only providing german buyers maybe?

Sent from my V972 Core4 using Tapatalk HD
 
Last edited:
No, I've received mine in Italy soon, answered by email some days before the shipment.
 
same here, sent 2 emails, first one a month ago, no reply at all.

Are they only providing german buyers maybe?

Sent from my V972 Core4 using Tapatalk HD

Not at all, most of the folk who got them 1st were non Germans :D
 
a week later and still no news at all

Sent from my V972 Core4 using Tapatalk HD
 
Hi,

Just bought my Quad and saw this thread regarding the adaptor. I sent an email on Thursday 12th September, quoted my serial number which starts with YAD121 and received my adaptor in the post today!

GAH
 

Similar threads

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top