Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ViX_Misc] General Appolo 026 update question - applies to all receivers

Although I have already clicked the thanks button, I will thank phoenix again for the advice above.

But allow me to comment about the difference between the two non-USB methods of updating
[A] Using Image Manager
Using Online Update

The clear message is that for an Apollo 024 > 026 update method [A] is ok but method is not ok.
But for many people not involved in this subject 100% of the time (me included) it is easy to be confused by the similar descriptions given to these two different updating methods.
 
you could also use the screen grab method to save your settings on your PC instead of using a mobile phone by entering your receivers ip address followed by (grab?format=jpg)

for example 192.168.*.**/grab?format=jpg

Where do I put this line into, what program?

KR Stu
 
Or use the vu+ android app and you can use "grab screenshot" in the extra menu
 
how can i save all my motor settings/fine tuning if i don't restore? I don't use USALS so that takes a hell of a lot longer than 10 minutes to start from fresh.
 
You can copy and paste all that from your existing settings file found in etc/enigma2
 
When you do the settings copy/paste make sure your VU+ box is shut down first with the init 4 command.

The sequence is:
Telnet init 4
Copy in your full satellite settings data into the etc/enigma2/settings file
Telnet init 3

If stuck on this I suggest that you start a new thread as this thread is getting overloaded now.
 
No it won't corrupt the new image. I use a vBox to move my dish (therefore not compatible with USALS) and I have done this many times.

Have a look at your old settings file first to get an idea of what's required. You will see a whole section of lines starting config.Nims - these are the lines that can be copied from your old settings file to the new one. Don't copy any other lines.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top